Part twenty five

Aaliyah woke up confused. Why was she in the spare room? What happened last night hit her like a ton of bricks. She didn't know what to think. She knew Jameel wasn't capable of this, but him not telling her, hurt her. She didn't like being told lies. Why didn't he tell me? she thought. We're going to have a baby together and we're married.

Aaliyah went downstairs, and sat at the table. Jameel made her breakfast. Aaliyah couldn't eat, she felt sick after his confession yesterday. Jameel grabbed her hands and squeezed them. Aaliyah squeezed back, because she knew her Jameel, and her Jameel could never do this. Yet she was still angry and hurt, about the lies. Jameel crouched down in front of Aaliyah, and held her hands. "Look Aaliyah, I know I'm an idiot, but I'm your idiot. I love you and the baby so much, do you honestly think I'd do something stupid to jeopardise our future?" Aaliyah squeezed his hands and wept. She was so confused.

"Jameel, I know you, and I know you're not capable of this. But I'm hurt. Why didn't you tell me straight away? What did you have to hide?"

"Nothing latte. I swear to you nothing."

"Then why lie to me?"

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry not good enough. You know I hate lies. You were the first man I thought I could trust and who I thought would never hurt me. Boy, was I wrong."

Aaliyah went to pack. "I need some time alone. I'm going to stay at my old apartment. Don't pressure me. I'll come back when I'm ready." "But she's winning. This is what she wanted. In life, she didn't succeed. Your letting her succeed in death. She's tearing us apart."