Part twelve

Aaliyah reentered the room. It had hurt her, but she rejected Jameel again. She wanted Jameel and his girlfriend to break up, but not because of her. She wasn't that petty, even though inside it killed her. Jameel reentered the room a few minutes later. He grabbed Aaliyah's hand and took her for a dance. Aaliyah tried to resist, but Jameel was insistent.

"Like you said there's nothing between us, so a  dance won't matter, unless you're scared."  Aaliyah to prove she wasn't worried, danced with him. It was a very passionate, chemistry filled dance. "Ok, either you're choosing not to see it, or your just oblivious, but everyone can see the sparks between them two" said the guy to Jameels girlfriend who earlier asked about their relationship. Jameels girlfriend got up and to prove nothing was going on, interrupted Jameel and Aaliyah. Aaliyah gladly let her in, because she was in danger of losing herself to Jameel all over again.

Aaliyah to calm herself, had a few drinks of champagne, then danced with someone else. She felt uncomfortable as Jameel was watching her every move. Suddenly, Aaliyah ran from the dance floor as her and Jameels song started playing. Jameel ran after her, but his girlfriend grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Let me go, I have to see if Aaliyah is alright."

"Aaliyah, Aaliyah, Aaliyah, why are you so worried about her? She's just someone who used to work for your dad."

"Are you that blind, or do you wish to remain ignorant?"

"What?"

"Aaliyah's a lot more to me. Always has been. I love her, not you. You were just a time pass, someone to help me forget Aaliyah. And you couldn't even do that."