Part fourty one

Aaliyah stirred in her sleep. She had not moved after her family's car accident. She woke and looked over at her family. Nothing had changed. Everyone was still unconscious. Aaliyah squeezed their hands, and asked them to come back for her. Aaliyah went to the hospital church, and prayed to God to look after her family and make them ok.  She went back to their room and took her normal position. Aaliyah was jolted awake by movement. One of the twins was squeezing her hand. Aaliyah prayed this was the miracle she was asking for.

"Can you hear me? Can you open your eyes? It's mummy."

The child opened their eyes and looked at Aaliyah. Aaliyah squealed with delight. She knew they had a long way to go, but the must important thing was they were awake. Aaliyah picked up her child and gave them a quick cuddle. She put her child down, next to their twin, as she believed twins had a special connection and this would help the other get better. Sure enough, she saw some movement. Aaliyah ran to get help

"Doctor, I think my twins are coming around."

The medics came rushing into the room, doing tests on the twins. Both twins looked at Aaliyah and smiled. Aaliyah felt like screaming and shouting.

"Well, it's a Christmas miracle. They're both awake, alert, seem to be doing ok. No injuries. We'll keep them in for a bit just to observe them, but they're fine."

Aaliyah hugged her twins and wept. She had thought she might never get the chance to hug them again. Two down, two to go thought Aaliyah. I'm not giving up.