Part twenty seven

Aaliyah went to the police station. The police blamed Jameel for everything.  Aaliyah knew this would happen. She couldn't believe they blamed him, without any proper proof. She knew she had to fight for his innocence, if she didn't, who would? Jameels parents were no longer alive, so she had no support left. She listened to the case against Jameel, and was shocked they had arrested him. Their were so many holes in the story.

At Jameels first court hearing, the judge asked who was Jameels defence lawyer.

"I am." a voice called, entering.

Jameel was shocked. Aaliyah was all dressed up in lawyer clothes. "I'm sorry I'm late your honour. A few last minute adjustments." "Please don't let it happen again." "I won't."

After court, Aaliyah went to visit Jameel in his cell. "I know you're shocked but don't be. I studied law, but then I quit and became a nurse. Once this happened, I knew the police would blame you. So I'm taking on your case. This case needs to be dropped. Their too many holes init. I promise I'll get you free."

Jameel squeezed Aaliyah's hand. Aaliyah squeezed back. "I know you didn't do this. I love you. I'm sorry I left. I needed time to clear my head. I'm not the only person who needs you though. I don't want my baby not knowing their daddy, so we have to get you out."

"I don't care if I go down. The main thing is you believe me."

"No. I'm not having that. I'm going to get you out."

Aaliyah hungrily kissed Jameel. "The is goodbye. I won't meet you now, until I've freed you. We'll only meet now in court." Aaliyah waved goodbye and left. Jameel, this is my promise to you, I will free you, she thought.