Chapter 6

Sandra

Hurriedly, Seonghwa escorted me back to my booked room.

When we had gotten there, he did do something that made my heart break even more.

He hugged me tightly and whispered softly near my neck, raising goosebumps along its skin. "I'll see you soon, Sandra."

I just mjmmed, knowing I would end up crying after all my intense efforts in preventing it.

But I did say after we separated from each other, "I wish you a safe drive."

"Thank you, Sandy. Good night."

I swiped the card over the slot, and quickly entered the room.

I threw myself face first onto the bed, quietly releasing my sobbing now that I was all alone. They wet the sheets, mixing with my makeup that stained it.

I'm not even sure if I am still glad I was the winner to this contest, because my misery was bigger than any excitement I had at the beginning.

Seonghwa

On my drive to KQ, I was haunted by Sandra's face that showed heartbreak. It was so evident, and even if she doesn't admit it, I knew it was because of me.

I had tears running down my cheeks---the guilt of being the cause of somebody so special like she is was consuming me--- seeing that bright and eager personality she manifested when we had gone out together, had completely disappeared.

My heart hurt terribly, and I really wanted to stop feeling this.
It was my torturous, internal battle.

That even if I wanted to show her that I was beginning to like her as the time we spent was passing by---the other side reminding me that this was wrong---made me have to turn down those urges to stroke her face and have an arm around her.

I was going insane and desperately needed to release this before I get to the company building, because the others will wonder what occurred.

Once I had parked the car at KQ's parking lot, I laid my face on the top part of the driving wheel, feeling how it became wet with all the tears I spilt over the dark leather.

The phone rang again, and I frantically tried to get my self together.

When I looked at who was calling, my relief when I saw it was just Hong Joong. Thank God.

"Annyeonghaseyo? I'm here. I just...need a moment and I'll go inside. Please forgive my tardiness."

"What's wrong, Seonghwa?" He was now concerned.

"I don't want anybody to hear you, Hong Joong. Just give me a minute, please." I begged wearily.

I heard sounds of movement on the line, and really hoped nobody heard him talking.

"Are you at the usual parking spot?" He wasn't going to lay off me.

"Yeah." I mutter, giving up.

"Give me a second."

I was resting my head on the wheel, when the passenger door opened, not even scaring me. Hong Joong pressed the door lock button and touched my shoulder.

"What happened, Seonghwa? Why were you crying?" He asked sadly.

I sobbed on the leather, while he rubbed my back.

"I know I should not like her, that it is a mistake....but why does it hurt so much? Her sadness afterwards when we were leaving, and at the hotel with her unsaid words, it breaks my heart.
"She really wants me to share what she feels, but I can't! I know she doesn't feel Atiny feelings. They are deeper.
"I see it in her eyes! The way they sparkle so brightly. God, I'm dying here!" I sobbed harder, when Hong Joong pulled me from the wheel and engulfed me into a strong embrace, letting me cry on his shoulder while he rubbed in circular motion on my back.