ch.5- talk back

Sorry for the bad updates! I got 3 shots and blood drawn and my arms are frickin' spaghetti noodles.. and me and my family went to go see my teachers for dumb school and I figured out I have a class with my ex so..yay?
hope you like this part:)

-

Recap: he smirks and leans down.

-

I step back more and giggle. "You're not getting to me that fast, loser. Maybe, try next time you stalk me and it might NOT work." I smile and walk out. People looking at me and Jaden as we walk out of the bathroom.

I run back to were I told the girls to stay and say back down. "What happened?" Kyla asks. "Y'all kiss or anything more?"

"No. He tried, he brung me to the boys bathroom and tried. He is cute and all but my family would kill me if I dated someone like him." I say, grabbing my water bottle and drinking some. "Class starts in 5 minutes so we better head to class."

"Yeah. I have science but my schedule online said I had math but okay..yay?" I say, mad and sad. "I have Math this period and next." Molly said. "Ugh. I have Gym." Kyla said. I laugh and we head out separate ways.

•~•

"Okay, welcome back to school. Today we're learning about the new student in our class first. Ava Summers!" The teacher says, her high pitch voice making my ears bleed.

"C'mon up here, Ava, and tell us about you." I get up and walk to the front of the class. I look at everyone's faces and see Jaden. Greattt, love that for me.

He waves slightly and smirks. I ignore him and stand straight. "My name is Ava Summers. I'm 17 and I play football known as soccer here in America. I'm Australian and I have a brother that I haven't seen in months and he's coming home Friday, which is tomorrow. His name is Conner. I have tiktok, sadly. I have Instagram and Twitter. All are avasummers and yeah." I say, smiling. At the end I look at the teacher. She claps and I sit back down.

I look over at Jaden to see he is taking notes. I looked confused and kinda disgusted, to be honest. Why is he taking notes?

Wait! It's okay, he might just be drawing or something.. right?

•~•

Now class. I'll call out names and you'll be in the group with the person and if you have a problem you can work alone or if someone asks you to be partners go ahead." The teacher, states, everyone groans including Jaden.

"Mrs.Smith, another Project?! We just finished the last one a day ago." A guy says, everyone saying things that are agreed to the statement the guy said.

"I know but this one will be fun, Jack. trust me. This one is were you are gonna be parents. Obviously, it girls with boys and if you have a problem with the egg, which will be the baby, you can just also fail the project and not go to 12th grade next year. You will have 2 eggs. If you break both you fail." Mrs.Smith says.

"Why can't we choose our own partners?" Jaden asks. "You can't choose your own because I know who you'll pick and I don't want her to fail." Mrs.Smith says, making everyone laugh.

I sigh and nod in agreement. "Same. I want to go to college and graduate here REAL quick."

"Yeah! Okay so now imma partner y'all up!" She says, happy and clapping her hands.

"Jayla and Jack." "James and Alexa."

She keeps on with names and goes on. 4 more people left, me, Jaden, Kaylee(I think that's her name anyways), and James my friend.

"Mhm. Let's put Ava and Jaden together and James and Kaylee together." I die inside. How am I gonna tell the girls I'm paired up with a idiot, known as Jaden Hossler. Why couldn't it be James?!

"Match up with your partners and planning everything out!" Mrs.Smith says, I look around and see everyone start moving. I get up and madly walk to Jaden's spot. He smirks and pats the seat beside him.

I sit in it and say, "Look. We are going to my house so nothing bad happens because "WE" aren't gonna even touch each other, okay?"  I say, making quotation marks over the word 'we' with my hands.

He chuckles and says, "Playing hard to get I see. Well it's not gonna be hard for me. Trust me, you'll be begging for me."

"Like I'd want to." I say. "Hey, let me have your number and we can plan this out over text or even meet at your house tomorrow for the starting project after we get our babies." I chock on what he said.

"N-." I got cut off by the teacher. "Okay students. Come get two eggs. Two for everyone group and you can even name it, haha!"

I side-eye James and he mouths a, "Sorry, I'll text you later." I nod and smile and look back. No. I don't like James more than a friend. He is bisexual and currently dating someone online named Joe I think.

I'm very happy for him. I've known him for about 1 year and he is literally one of my favorite friends.

Anyways! Me and Jaden get up and walk to get 2 eggs. I grab one and he gets another. "Hold it careful, Jaden!" I say, making Jaden laugh.

"This is gonna be the hardest week of my life." I say. Jaden smiles and says, "Let's go sit down and then can I get your number. I won't give it to anyone else." I nod and I could hear him say, 'yes!' Under his breath.

"Also class! This project is done on Monday so 4 days with your partner isn't any harm!" She says.

I act like I didn't hear it and we walk to our seats. We set the eggs down and he gives me his phone. I put my contact in as "Ava🖤"

I give him my phone and he puts his contact in as "Jäden🥵" we put our phones away and the bell rings. I grab a egg and Jaden does too. I wave and leave. I see the girls hanging at the entrance and I run to them.

"I'm doomed." I say, they look at me confused. "Why are you doomed?" They asked, at the same time.

"Jaden and I are partners for s project for Science and he is coming to my house tomorrow.." I say, Kyla and Molly's mouth dropped.

"You what!?"

"I couldn't stop it. Obviously, I'm not trying to fail and she said if they don't like their partner that they can just not do the project and fail but I want to pass. I don't wanna fail. Oh, also.. I gave him my number. But nothing is gonna happen!" I say, Molly face planted.

"I'm sorry. But did anything happen for y'all?"

"No. Anthony just had stairing problems." Kyla said, making us laugh. "Nothing happened.. just Griffin is odd. But in a good way!" Molly said.

"There's a good way of being odd?" I ask, Molly shrugs.

"Well I'll see y'all tomorrow and Jaden at my house after school. Bye babes!" I says, walking out and starting to walk home.

"Bye Aussie girl!" Molly said, laughing. I roll my eyes, playfully.

Tomorrow is gonna be a crazy day..