ch.17- wtf?

I walk down the stairs and see the cops. 2 of them.

"Hey Ava.." Molly said. She was shaking.

"What's going on? Why are the cops at my house at 3in the morning?" I say, walking over to Molly and the cops.

"Ma'am. We are sorry to bug you at this time but this is really important. Do you know where a Micah Staples is it do you know him?" The officer says.

"Uhm.. I know him but I don't know where he is.." I say, confused.

"Hey, I'm officer Jenkins. Who are you to Micah?" She says, smiling. "I used to date him like 4years ago.. why are y'all after him?"

"Ms.Summers, he was caught with a 2 degree murder and he stole a woman's car 1 day ago.. no one has seen him since."

"Oh.. I'll be right back. Imma go get my boyfriend and see if he knows." I say and walk up stairs and to my room.

"Baby.. baby wake up. There are police officers here!" Jaden turns over and looks confused. "What? Why?"

"Because.. Do you know a Micah Staples?" I ask. He shakes his head and sits up.

"Come down stairs after you get clothes on. The police wanna talk."

He nods and I walk back downstairs. "He's getting dressed, he'll be down in 5." I say, smiling and walking to the kitchen for something to drink.

Jaden walks down stairs in grey sweats and a tank top. "Hey! You must be Jaden Hossler?"

"Yes, I am." They shake hands and the officer continues, "So. Micah. Ever heard of him?"

He shakes his head. "Did you go to Australia?"

"No but my girlfriend lived there. She has the accent." I smile and said, "I already told them I used to know him."

"You did!?" Jaden said. I nod and walk back over.

"Okay well, we'll come back tomorrow and l get more answers from you Ms.Summers." I nod and wave bye.

"Whelp.. more talking with them tomorrow. Let's go back to bed." Molly said, we nod and all go back upstairs.