Chapter Ten

* * * * * * * * * * 

* * * * * * * * * * 

When Alyson said she could plan the dinner party in two weeks, she meant it and she came through. She worked her butt off taking calls left from right, her and Joseph drove all across town to check out venues, meet vendors, caterers and so much more. In between it all, she also helped Joseph write his speech though he did really well at writing the majority of it.

Now the time had finally come,  and everyone they invited had flown in to attend this major dinner party and find out the future of Toujours Enchanté.

The only thing they needed to do was find a suit for Joseph which wasn't easy because he was definitely not a suit guy - at all.

Currently, they were at Joseph's house, trying on a bunch of suits that was sent by a friend of Alyson's who was also a clothes designer.

Not surprisingly, Joseph hated every suit so far. It didn't matter how good it looked, he complained about how tight and constricting they were. Which resulted in him asking if he could just wear a t-shirt and be done with it.

Of course, Alyson said no but that didn't stop him from asking.

While he was upstairs, trying on yet another suit, Alyson was waiting at the end of the staircase for him to come down while she replied to some emails. This dinner party wasn't the only thing they had been planning, they had already started reaching out to different people about projects that they wanted to start.

She was so focused on her phone, she didn't notice Joseph standing at the top of the stairs. He cleared his throat and she lifted her head to look at him.

"Oh my god," her lips spread into a grin. "This is it," she nodded. "This is the one."

Joseph trudged down the stairs, fidgeting with the collar of the charcoal black suit, "it's not as uncomfortable as the other ones," he admitted as he descended the stairs.

"That's a very good improvement considering your strong dislike for the other ones," chuckled Alyson as she adjusted his collar for him. She took a step back, looking him up and down thoughtfully, "I love it."

"I don't hate it," Joseph looked down at the suit, giving a shrug.

"So, do we have a winner?" Alyson raised her eyebrows, hopeful.

He nodded, "that's a way to put it."

"Great!" Alyson gave her own nod of approval, "then we're set for tonight."

"Now," she sits down on the steps and pats the space beside her, "we've gone over all the important people you need to know, and we've practiced your speech. How are you feeling? Are you nervous?"

"Well," Joseph let out a sigh, sitting beside her. He put his clasped hands to his chin in thought. 

"Honestly, I am nervous. Not because I have to speak in front of a crowd or anything but because of well, everything. If somebody would have told me I'd be taking over the family business, I would have called them insane."