Chapter Nine

Song Nine: Sit Still Look, Pretty by Daya

* * * * * * * * * * 

* * * * * * * * * *

After thinking about Joseph's offer a little more, Alyson decided that she was going to take it.  Even though Evan wasn't on board with it, it was something she really wanted to do and an opportunity she felt like she just couldn't pass on.

Before making it official with Joseph, she thought it would be a good idea to at least talk to Evan about it one more time. Just so he wouldn't be blindsided. Even if he was upset, it was better for him to at least know that she was going to do it anyway.

Not wanting to keep Joseph waiting any longer, instead of waiting for Evan to get home, she decided to drive up to his office around his lunchtime. 

When she arrived at the top floor where his office was, she found his assistant's desk empty. Figuring she was probably out getting Evan some lunch, Alyson decided to let herself into his office.

Instead of finding Evan, she found Kelly sitting in front of his desk with Maggie - Evan's grandmother.

The two were in the middle of an amusing conversation when they noticed Alyson.

"Aly, hey!" Kelly greeted her first.

"Hey," a confused Alyson came inside the office, "what are you doing here?"

"Well, I -"

"I invited her to lunch," Maggie spoke up. "You don't have a problem with that do you, Alyson?"

Clearing his throat, Nadia forced a smile, "of course not, Maggie. It's good to see you, how was Dubai?"

"It was astounding," the brunette gave her usual condescending smile, that always showed a bit of slyness. "I was sad to say goodbye but I missed LA and most importantly, I missed my grandson."

"I'm glad you had a great time. It's good to see you back."

"It's good to be back," Maggie patted a visibly uncomfortable Kelly's hand.

"You know I should go," the blonde stood, "it was really nice catching up with you, Maggie."

"Always is," Maggie hugged her tightly.