Epilogue

Alyson woke up Monday morning, feeling refreshed and level-headed. One could even say she woke up ready to take over the world, which is something she hasn't felt in a long time. Despite what was going on, she truly felt like everything was going to be okay.

Alyson Taylor's life was not over.

She cooked herself a delicious bacon omelet and some cinnamon pancakes. After breakfast she got in the shower, she did her makeup, got dressed, and she was ready to change her life - forever.

Leaving the house for the day, Alyson hopped in Joseph's pick-up truck and made her first stop at Evan's office. 

Alyson entered the building and took off her shades as she approached the elevator. After pushing the up button, she slipped her shades in her purse.

After a minute, the elevator opened, revealing a tall, dark, handsome man. His eyes bulged out of his head at the sight of Alyson.

He gulped, looking her up and down, "wow."

Alyson smiled, "thanks."

He was so in awe; he just stood there, staring.

The doors started closing, and he quickly put his hand out, stopping them.

"Going up?" Alyson chuckled.

"Oh, no!" she shook his head, cheesing. "Ladies first," he stood off to the side.

"Thank you," Alyson stepped into the elevator.

He steps out, backward, "have a good day."

"You too," Alyson pushed the top floor button.

Instead of walking away, the guy stood there as the door closed.

"Bye," Alyson waved with a chuckle.

"B-" the elevator doors cut him off. 

Alyson shook her head, smiling.

Alyson held her head high, taking a deep breath. It felt like a century getting to the top floor, but the moment those doors opened, her confidence took hold of her.

Evan's assistant smiled at the sight of her. She was expecting Alyson to greet her, but she didn't. Alyson walked right past toward Evan's office.

"Mrs. Taylor!" she scrambled to her feet. "Wait, he's in a -"

But it was too late. Alyson had walked into Evan's office, and to her surprise, Kelly had beat her to the punch.

Alyson had walked in on the blonde, showing Evan and Maggie their recorded conversation.

Evan sat at his desk, looking so embarrassed. He was as white as a ghost which, Alyson had never seen before. All while, a pissed Maggie stood behind him.

Not only was Evan pale, but the damage from Rick's fists didn't help either. He had two black eyes, which was still a little swollen, a busted lip, and some bruises on his jaws where Rick's knuckled hit.

Alyson was surprised he hadn't tried to cover it up.

"Well, you get the gist," Kelly gave a fake smile, stopping the recording and slipping her phone into her purse. "Apparently, I'm the key to my daddy's fortune, huh?"