Chapter Seventeen

* * * * * * * * * *

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

* * * * * * * * * *

By the time Alyson had finished getting dressed, she realized she was craving Mexican food. So she chose to go to a popular Mexican restaurant in town called Pink Taco. As always when it came to going out to eat with Joseph, they basically ordered one of everything and shared it. They had quesadillas, nachos, chili poppers, lobster enchiladas, fajitas, a burrito, fried lobster and more.

They mostly talked about Alyson and her trip to Jamaica and how close she and her sister had been. Joseph loved listening to her, especially because he could see how much she's changed. She didn't look sad, she didn't drift off, she was attentive and in the moment.

She was talkative and full of energy, and it was amazing to see.

It got a point, where he wasn't sure what she was saying because he was just staring at her which she noticed. 

"Earth to Joseph," she tapped her nails against the table.

"I'm listening," Joseph shook his head, coming to. 

"No you're not," she said knowingly, "am I boring you?"

"No, of course not," Joseph leaned on the table, "I'm just enjoying seeing you like this. Happy, I mean. You deserve to be like this all the time."

"Wow," she replied thoughtfully.

"What?"

"For the first time, I can actually agree with you on that. I can actually say that I think I deserve to feel like this too. These past two months, I've seen myself in a new light, if that makes sense. I'm not perfect but I do know that a  lot of things I went through with Evan, I didn't deserve. Sadly, it took rock bottom to figure that out but, better late than ever I guess."

"Hey, everything happens at the right time, whether you believe it or not."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Alyson looked down, fidgeting with her fingers.

Joseph noticed that she wasn't wearing her wedding ring.

"I stopped wearing it before I left for Jamaica," she confessed, "at one point it used to be a representation of the good times but now it just seems all bad after what went down."

Feeling like she needed to vent, she leans on the table, "you ready for a crazy story?"

"I'm all ears," Joseph nodded.