Chapter Eighteen

Since finding out about Kelly's pregnancy, Rick had made sure that he had a balance between work and spending time with her. He stopped taking long shifts and made sure to always come home for his lunch break. If not to doing anything for her, just to spend time. He was really excited about being a father, and nothing made him happier than coming home to Kelly who seventeen weeks now.

As usual, he came home for lunch only to found a bunch of baby stuff scattered around the foyer. There were big boxes, small boxes, toys, you name it. It was so much stuff you would have thought, the baby was coming tomorrow. 

It wouldn't have bothered Rick so much, if they hadn't just stored a lot of other baby stuff they received, not too long ago.

"Kelly!" he yelled.

"Yeah!?" she yelled back, from upstairs.

"Can you come down here, please?" he placed his hands on his hips.

Barely a minute later, she came walking down the stairs with her small belly that you could see since she was wearing leggings and sports bra.

"Hey, baby," she greeted him with a kiss on the cheek.

"Kelly, what is this?" he gestured around them.

"Baby stuff," she said in an obvious tone, "for the baby."

Letting a breath, in a sweet tone he replied, "yes, I know that but where the hell did it come from? I just finished storing all the other things we got."

"Maggie got this stuff," she said happily. "Isn't she sweet?"

Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. 

That name had become popular in his household. Before knowing Kelly was pregnant, it was uknown to him that she and Maggie even had a relationship. Yeah, they've known her for years but it never occurred to him that his wife was close to his best friend's grandmother.

It wasn't like Maggie had a friendship with Rick too. She spoke to him when they happen to be in the same place but other than, there was nothing. If he had to be honest, Maggie was never his cup of tea but that didn't mean he didn't like Evan.

Evan was like his brother and he wouldn't something as childish as not being close to his grandmother affect their friendship in any way.

Not to mention, Maggie was the person who bought them all the other baby stuff.

"Is something wrong?" Kelly placed her hands on her hips.

"No, it's just crazy to buy all this stuff for a baby that isn't even close to being here yet. I mean, where are we going to put all this stuff? It won't fit in his room."

"We'll make it work," Kelly shrugged nonchalantly. She smiled at all the stuff, "isn't Maggie sweet though."

At a loss of words, all Rick could do was scoff.

"What? What's wrong?" Kelly was started to get irritated with his obvious dislike for Maggie.

"I just think it's weird that you're besties with Maggie. I didn't know you two were so close. Now she's freaking Santa Clause all of a sudden."

"What is your problem, Rick? It's not a big deal."

"Maybe not to you, I'm it's a little sketchy that your best friend's mother-in-law is sending you gifts when she probably hasn't said a word to Alyson since she left."

"Do I look like Maggie? How am I supposed to know? She's a grown woman, if she doesn't want to reach out to Alyson, that's not my fault. Besides, why do you care?"