Chapter Fifteen

* * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * *

"Aly?"

"Aly, are you listening to me?"

"Aly!"

"What?" Alyson snapped, coming out of her thoughts.

She looks around, remembering that she was at Joseph's commercial shoot. They were shooting the commercial at one of the restaurant locations here in California.

Dressed in his suit, Joseph was currently getting his make-up done while he was going over his lines. He was supposed to be getting advice from Alyson on how to say his lines but she wasn't listening. She was in her thoughts and had been all week.

It wasn't abnormal for her to drift off but it happening more frequently at long periods of time which worried Joseph.

Joseph gives his script to the make-up artist, "give me a minute."

Getting up, he takes Alyson's hand and leads her away, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's nothing," Alyson looked away.

"Hey," Joseph held her arms, "this isn't your business partner talking, this is your, friend. Don't tell me it's not nothing when it's obviously something. I'm worried about you and -"

"I think Evan is cheating on me," Alyson blurted out with tears in her eyes.

She couldn't even try to hold her tears in because they were already spilling down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, feeling all the stares they were getting from those around them.

"It's okay," Joseph rubbed her arms, "it's alright. Just stay here, and give me a minute."

Wiping her cheeks, Alyson nodded quietly. She watched Joseph go over and talk to the director. 

She didn't know what they were saying but due to the glances they were giving, she knew it was about her. 

After shaking the director's hand, Joseph grabs Alyson's purse and goes back over to her.

"Alright come on," he starts leading her out.

"Wait, but what about the shoot?" she asked him.

"Postponed, for now, don't worry, we'll do it another day."