Chapter 16

THEA

I woke up in surprised when Elliot and Jade's voices echoing around the house. They seemed to be running, chasing each others. Me being a very light sleeper, could wake up easily. I rolled over to the side to see that it was only 6 in the morning. But since I couldn't fall back to sleep, I decided to wake up instead and went downstairs to see what the kids had been up to.

By the time I was downstairs, Elliot and Jade were chasing each other whilst Cynthia tried to feed them breakfast. It was shown on her face that she was exhausted and needed help to feed her kids.

"Good morning." I announced my arrival. "Need some help?"

Cynthia looked up at me. "Hey, morning, Thea. Did the kids wake you up?"

I shook my head. "Nah, it's fine. You look tired."

She sighed then placed the plate on the table. "Taking care of 2 kids alone could be really exhausting."

"Let me help you," I took Jade's plate. "Hey, Jade. You want to play tea time?" I asked, just by hearing that, Jade stopped chasing her brother and turned to me.

"Yes, please! Can we play tea time now?" She asked in a cheerful tone.

"Sure, but first you need to finish breakfast then we will play. Deal?"

Jade nodded excitedly. "Deal!"

She then opened her mouth and I feed her whilst Cynthia feed Elliot. Sometimes she would chase her brother but then came back to me when she had swallowed her food. Cynthia thanked me for helping her and mentioned how good I was with kids.

"I used to baby-sit my friend's little sister so I know a little on how to take care of kids." I told her.

"But seriously you really are good with kids, you knew how to win their heart and do what you ask them to do," she commented which I just replied with a smile. "I bet you will be an amazing mother to your kids with Arthur." she added.

"I don't think I will ever have kids with him."

"Why not?"

I frowned as I looked at her. "Didn't he tell you about the marriage?"

"Yeah, he did. So what?"

"So there will be no kids! He doesn't love me and I don't love him."

She shook her head. "Thea, there's a saying called 'love will come when you least expect it'. Sooner or later you both will love each others. It's just the matter of time."

This time I shook my head as I feed Jade. "Cynthia, there's a thing called 'impossible'. He's obviously still not over his ex fianceé, and I'm also not over.. someone."

"You will learn, Thea. You both will learn." was all she said before she feed Elliot.

Okay it was not impossible for me to love Arthur, it was just a matter of time before I reached that stage. I adored him. I cared for him. We were getting along the past few months. And I obviously attracted to him. Physically.

Arthur came downstairs by the time Cynthia and I had fed the kids and joined us. We had breakfast together and talked a few things. Cynthia had planned to visit Arthur's parents with the kids, Arthur suggested that she should take the car with Felix to drive her around while he would drive himself with his other car. After we all got ready, we parted our ways. Cynthia and the kids went with Felix, then Arthur drove me work using the other car.

"Are you going to be busy today?"

"Not really, it will be just like the usual."

He nodded his head. "Good."