18 // Real Life

LAST CHAPTER

was about to go look for her when if felt someone tap on my shoulder.

"Finally! It took you forever." I said being relieved that I didn't have to go look for her. But I was completely wrong. When I turned around I saw him. Standing really close to me. The tall, Canadian, handsome dude I haven't seen in a while.

It was Zion.

THIS CHAPTER

Delainy's POV

This is the moment I've been trying to avoid for a while now. I wasn't ready to face Zion yet. Only god knows if I would ever be ready. There's no such thing as a right time for this to happen.

"Delainy..." Zion tried to grab my hand, but I snatched it away.

"Zion." I gave him a deadly look.

"Damn Lainy. If looks could kill I probably would've died over 9 times now." He tried to joke.

"10 times to be exact. And don't call me Lainy, that's only for the people close to me, you know the ones that actually trust me." I know I would hurt him by saying this, but he needs to feel what I felt. The pain he caused me.

The truth is. I do love him and that's the worst part about this whole situation. Whenever I think about him, I just want to be cuddled up with him while watching a movie. But then I think about our argument and him not trusting me.

"I get it..." his face saddens.

"But uhm.. how is life?" I quickly changed the subject.

"Good. Could always be better tho." He said, still with a sad face.

"Good for you! I'm going to head out, Leya is probably looking for me." I tried to walk away, but I felt Zions grip on my wrist.

"You don't have to worry about Leya." Zion said pointing to a boy and a girl making out in the middle of the store.

I rolled my eyes and Zion and I both looked away in disgust. "When did that even happen?"
Zion asked.

"I know right! I was surprised too. And I just found out about an hour ago." I laughed.

"This is nice you know." Zion smiled.

"What's nice?" I was kind of confused.

"The fact that we're talking. Like normal people." He still had his grip on my wrist, but interlocked our fingers when he said this.

I couldn't get anything out of my mouth. We just stood there, looking into each other's eyes. I felt butterflies in my belly. Like a lot of butterflies.

Zion placed a strand of my hair behind my ear and stroked my cheek. At this point I forgot that we were in the middle of the store. That's the impact he has on me. I didn't even notice Zion leaning in until our lips touched. At first I didn't kiss back, but then I did. How could I resist the best lips I've ever kissed?

The kiss slowly started to turn into a make out session, until we heard someone clear their throat. We quickly pulled away and turned around to see who it was.

It was Leya. She stood there with big eyes and an open mouth. That's when I realize what we just did. We. Kissed.

Leya grabbed my hand and quickly pulled me away. "Delainy Dahlia Mimi Maria-Louisa Brown. WHAT. WAS. THAT?"

"Damn you didn't have to pull out the whole government name." I said while putting my hands up in surrender.

"I know I did not just see you and Zion kiss!"

"But seriously, the government name was unnecessary Bro. I don't need the whole store to know all of my names."

"Stop beating around the bush. What was that?" She said with her arms folded over each other.

I told her what happened and she was still in shock. I mean I was in shock too, but I can't change anything about it anymore.

"So you're telling me that after two months of not seeing or talking to each other. The first thing you do is kiss him?" Leya asked with disbelief.

"Well I- stop it. You're making me sound like a hoe."

"Whatever, I just came back to say we're going to the boys their house."

"Says who?"

"Says me. And I know this is going to be good for you. Cause we all know that otherwise you were going to pretend this kiss never happened and avoid Zion for another two months if you could."

"And how exactly is going to their house better for me? I can just stick to avoiding him."

"Nice try." She dragged me to the cash desk and paid for our stuff. When we got to the car I got in, but she didn't. She was leaning against the car. I rolled the window down and said "are you coming in or not?"

"Just a second." She said before walking away.

Not too long later the car door opened. And I felt someone sitting down next to me, in the passenger seat. "Finally." I said.

"Missed me already? It has been like what... 5 minutes?" A voice spoke.

Of course. She set me up. She knew I wouldn't let this happen if she told me. "Where is Leya?"

"She's driving with nick. So it's just you and me." Zion said with a big smile on his face.

"Ugh." I fake slammed my head to the steering wheel a few times.

"You seem happy to be sitting in a car with me." Zion put his seat belt on and turned the radio on.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-
A/N: I tried to make this chapter about lying but that will be the next chapter cause it would be too long 🤕

Today's song:
         Your peace - Jacquees (ft. Lil Baby)
We can't be friends if you don't fuck with Jacquees 🥺

Instagram: @//kuwonu_imagines