Chapter 2~ Getting to Know the Gang

"Let me formally introduce you to everyone. Firstly, I'm Gene, a senior at Phoenix Drop and leader of the Shadow Knights." Gene then introduced me to Zenix and Sasha, two juniors.

"It's nice to meet you three...Shadow Knights. What does your group do?" I asked.

"It's not a group. We refer to ourselves as a gang." Zenix clarified. Well at least I didn't call it a club!

"Ohhh. Sorry." I'm associating myself with a gang?! I mean, it's in high school, so how bad can they be, but should I really be making my first friends of the year with these guys?!

"Don't take it like that, it's pretty innocent." Gene shot a deadly glare at Zenix.

"Gene, it's obvious you're hiding things just so Y/n will join. As much as I'd like to not be the only girl of the group, we have to make sure she's for real." Sasha narrowed her eyes at me. "Give me your hand."

"Sasha's gonna do her stupid, fake palm readings?" Zenix jeered, which simply made Sasha roll her eyes.

"I think palm readings and stuff like that are cool!" I was managing to feel comfortable, thankfully. This whole situation could've been extremely awkward... I sat down in front of Sasha, and she took my hands. Imagine if I immediately get exposed for liking anime... They don't hate, right? Hopefully not... Can palm readings even do that?

"You have a lot of creativity, but...you don't do anything with it, and instead choose to be lazy." Sasha began. I mean, it's true that I'm lazy, but...ouch, kinda. "You're insecure and tend to keep your feelings to yourself, but you're also open to very few people... Your emotions are really strong, so you shouldn't mix them with work. You have...a branched line that points up. Good for you, you're gonna be successful."

"Successful? That's a surprise... I don't really have any extravagant plans for the future. I just hope to get by with some retail or food place!" I laughed, while the Shadow Knights blankly stared at me.

"I don't know if I should feel sorry for you, or continue to think you're lame..." Zenix scoffed.

"She's only a..." Gene trailed off.

"Sophomore," I suggested. "If that's what you were wondering." I stood up as soon as Sasha did.

"Yes, that's it! Smart girl. She has time to figure out what to do, maybe change her mind." Gene defended.

"Thanks for having faith, but... I don't really think anything extraordinary will suit me." I admitted.

"What's up with you being super nice to this chick?" Sasha questioned.

"Yeah. Usually we mess with people to tough them up before giving them the option to join us." Zenix stated.

"Mess with people...?" I questioned, looking towards Gene, who was standing a ways away. "I hope you're not planning on making me one of your playthings." Maybe I should head back to school...

"Of course not. Sasha and Zenix are just trying to scare you off, and are being unwelcoming and impatient." Gene assured.

"O-kay then... I don't wanna come off like I know anything, but as a gang leader, I think everyone in should get along, so I can't say I'd be a good fit." I remarked.

"Sasha, Zenix, how about being a little bit more accepting?" Gene gritted his teeth. I feel like I'm in for a lot of trouble...

"First period is probably gonna wrap up soon, so I'm gonna head back to prepare for second period," I informed. I started walking away, but soon enough Zenix appeared in front of me.