Chapter 24~ Problems with Boys

I wish Zane would find something better to do with his life. "Caught me in the act of what? I was talking to Dante. Yeah, I'm in the boys bathroom, but not by choice."

"Think about how suspicious it would look to... I don't know, Gene, if you were in the bathroom with his brother." Zane snickered.

I'm sure I was visibly fuming. Not because Zane was gonna cause problems, but because of how impudent he is.

"You really think Dante would do that to his brother? His brother that he looks up to?" I interrogated. "Think about this, you nosy...ugh, I don't even know! Gene would probably assume that Dante and I were talking about him. I would expect you to know that, since you're so keen on doing anything to get Gene in trouble."

I was about to turn around and leave, when Zane opened his mouth again.

"Ouch. I thought you were on my side, Y/n. After Gene held me against a locker and—"

"I KNOW!" I snapped. "I didn't talk to him a day after that. Afterwards, I yelled at him to quit being violent."

Zane gritted his teeth. "He punched me in my bad eye." He gestured to his covered right eye. "When you left the situation, he broke my phone. I bet he didn't tell you that." He scowled. "You try helping everyone, but you're willing to turn a blind eye when it suits you."

"I offer my help to some people, but I don't appreciate it when they back stab me. I told you I'd be someone you could talk to, but you took advantage of my relationship with Gene." I glowered at him. "All you've done is use me to find out what Gene thinks of you, and you know what? I'm done being used. Whatever pictures you have of me, I don't care who you show! I'm done having anything to do with you and your petty behaviors!" Before Zane could get in anything else to piss me off, I bolted off.

The rest of the day didn't go by quickly at all. I ended up showing up to PE, in which my excuse thankfully worked. I lied about having a panic attack while I was using the bathroom during passing period. I added that I was on my period, just to seem more believable. To my dismay, we were playing dodge ball. I was hastily placed on the team of five people that were struggling against what was left of the opposing team, a single tall, scratched up boy. Almost immediately, a ball was hurled at my face.

The game was ended, as hitting someone in the face isn't allowed, and the boy on the opposing team was assigned an unreasonable amount of push-ups. The boy obliged, but not before snapping at the PE teachers.

"Aaron throws hard; he got me out. Are you okay?" I turned around to see that it was the quiet girl from Ivy's group, Alex.

"Yeah, just my face hurts," I replied. So that's the infamous Aaron?

Alex's eyes widened. "Y-your nose is bleeding... A lot..."

I placed my hand below my nose, and sure enough, there was blood. A gym teacher happened to notice this, and he barked at Aaron to take me to the nurse's office. The boy did as he was told.

As Aaron guided me to the nurse's office, he yelled at me for getting in the way of his throw.

"Excuse me, but you were aiming too high." I didn't sound as stern as I wanted to, as I was pinching my nose. You know how that sounds...

"Maybe you're just too short," he retorted.

"I'm of average height. Maybe you're just freakishly tall." I shot back.

We eventually reached the nurse's office. Aaron dropped me off, curtly explained what I was in for, and slammed the door shut on his way out.

Someone hasn't been eating salad... I think Aaron could use one. Salads never stop making jokes, after all. I guess his parents made one too.