Chapter 5~ Why Attend Class?

The next morning my mother wasn't home once again, so I had to walk to school. To my surprise, right outside of my house was Gene and Dante.

"Am I seeing this right?" I questioned, walking down my driveway.

"You have vision problems? I'd rather not have to help you to school, since I'm already having to walk with you." Gene retorted.

"You didn't come here on your own accord?" I inquired.

"Nope. My mom told me that it would be a good idea." Gene answered.

"And I'm glad she did! Dang Gene, I didn't know your girlfriend was such a cutie!" Dante exclaimed.

"Girlfriend?" I shot Gene a glare.

"Oh Dante, she's not my girlfriend, where did you even get that idea!" Gene pulled Dante to the side and whispered some things to him.

"Oh-ho-ho! So she's up for grabs, huh?" Dante rose his eyebrows at me, making me grimace.

How do I lightly address that I would never date a total player, even if I was desperate...? "I'm not interested in dating anyone right now, sorry." I mumbled.

Dante and Gene both blinked at me a few times. Is there something on my face?!

"Were you talking to us, cause I didn't hear a..." Dante suddenly smirked. "All I could hear was the sweet music we could make together."

Reference to Yandere Simulator when you flirt with the guidance counselor...? I know what he really is trying to say, which makes me want to punch him, but... "I don't play any instruments."

Dante face palmed. "She's cute, but way too innocent for you, Gene."

Oh great. I just remembered that I have ELA with Dante! I've never even talked to him until now, and I already hate his guts! More so than I already did, since it goes around that he's a player! I doubt he would talk to me, right...?

"How about just getting to school, cause you were forced to be here, after all." I walked past Gene and Dante, leading the way to school. The way there was almost completely quiet. That might've been so cause I stayed quite a few feet ahead of the two boys. The silence was broken when I overheard a conversation that they were having.

"Is she normally like this?" Dante asked.

"I wanna say no, but I've only known her for a day," Gene replied.

"You picked up a chick in a day?!"

"Will you shut up? I wish I told Mom to not let you come with."

My day has already been ruined! Walking to school alone is a lot more me, rather than walking to school with two boys! You know what's even more me? BEING DRIVEN TO SCHOOL! No, Y/n. It's fine. Today I have art. It can still be a good day!

After what felt like forever, we finally arrived at school. Dante quickly went to his locker or whatever, leaving Gene and I.

"Sooo. When are you planning on skipping a week of school for me?" he asked.

"I'm not doing it for- Ugh. I guess I kinda am. It's more for you to change, rather than making you feel happy about making someone skip." I retorted. "Oh! I'm Gene, a sleep-deprived looking senior who does Irene knows what at night alone in my room! I like preying on my underclassmen to make me feel better about myself! Derpity derp!"

"You don't look too great yourself, either. Irene knows what you do in your room alone at night." Gene shuddered.

"I'll have you know I watch anime," I proudly claimed.