Chapter 18~ Spooky Scary Misfortune

October 31st, the one day you could wear something other than your school uniform to school. Halloween last year consisted of my friends and I meeting outside when it was third period. We didn't all have lunch at the same time, so we used third period as a time for us to meet up and hang out.

It was a fun time. This year, not so much.

Currently I was in art, and there was full attendance. Yes, I'm saying that even Sasha and Zenix showed up. I had no idea what to dress up as, which was a surprise, cause I've cosplayed every single year on Halloween, starting off with kindergarten. What was there to dress up as, you might ask? I got into Pokémon at a young age, and I think that's enough of an answer.

When Gene came over Friday night, we ended up watching Fairy Tail from where he left off. We watch subbed, and Hulu doesn't offer many subbed seasons, so I ended up having to connect my laptop to the TV via HDMI cable. We were towards the end of the Grand Magic Games arc, and that's what influenced my decision. I chose to be Frosch! He's one of my favorite characters, despite having a bit of a minor role. Along with me, Gene dressed up as Rogue! I helped him with his hair and just for fun, even though it isn't visible, the Sabertooth guild mark.

The day was going fine, until Gene, Sasha, and Zenix were called down to the office. This can't be good. Mr. Randell looked in the direction of the Shadow Knights. I tried to think of why they would be called to the office. They still skipped class, and they still tagged walls... The day Gene and I were in the counselor's office... Gene was given until now to clean up his act, or else he faces a suspension, transfer, or expulsion...

The three exited the classroom without any outbursts. To avoid suspicion, I waited a few minutes until they left. I asked to go to the bathroom, and Mr. Randell allowed me to. The bathroom wasn't my destination, however. It was the office. I was walking past the bathroom when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Uh, you passed the bathroom!" It was a girl's voice.

I turned around and saw that it was the girl from art class, Aphmau. She was dressed up as Sailor Moon. I know what Sailor Moon is, but I've never watched it. "Not planning on going to the bathroom," I responded.

"You asked to go to the bathroom, though," Aphmau said questioningly. 

"My friends are most definitely in a lot of trouble, so I have to find out what's going on," I explained.

Aphmau gasped. "Y-you mean you're friends with the Shadow Knights?"

Oh shoot. She had a bad run in with them at the beginning of the year... "I'm reforming their bullying ways, but I'm also friends with them... At least one of them I am."

"With...Gene? You guys did a partner cosplay together... Rogue and Frosch from Fairy Tail."

"Yeah. Not to be rude or anything, but I have to get going if I want to find out what's going on with my friends." I turned back around and dashed off. I hope Aphmau doesn't snitch... I get she doesn't like the Shadow Knights, but they've changed since her last encounter with them.

Soon enough I made it to the office, and it seems like action hasn't been taken on the Shadow Knights yet, as they were just sitting in the office. I kinda thought they wouldn't go to the office and just walk out of the school... Maybe there was a hall monitor?

Oh gosh, speaking of that... I don't have an excuse to be here. Even if I did, how would I eavesdrop on their conversation with whoever it might be? Am I just gonna have to wait until I can ask Gene? I would rather find out what's happening while it's occurring, so I can think of what to do as the conversation happens.