Chapter 17~ After a Whole lot of Nothing

Days and weeks pass, and I don't know what to tell you; school is school. I settled into having new friends, and I can't say we did anything special. The biggest thing that happened was passing on Gene's reasoning to Zane, who wasn't happy with my report back. He was so unhappy, that he threatened to send the picture around, but Gene held Zane up against a locker, not letting go until Zane deleted the picture in front of him. Gene did that, despite me yelling at him to let the poor freshman go... I didn't talk to him for a day after that.

Other than that...nothing's happened, until a cloudy Friday night. It was most definitely gonna rain, so it should've just been a relaxing night. That wasn't the case.

My brother was visiting, as it was the end of October, and we usually spend Halloween together. Unfortunately, Halloween fell on a Thursday this year, so he was visiting the weekend before. I expected my brother, but what I got was my brother and his 'friend'.

"Hey, Y/n. This is my friend, G/n (girl's name)." B/n acquainted the two of us with each other.

Friend, yeah, sure. "Nice to meet you, G/n." I crossed my arms that were covered by the gray sleeves of my over-sized sweater. I might look like a VSCO girl right now, considering the fact that I was wearing shorts under my sweater, and I had a scrunchie in my hair, but... I'm not one!

The girl who was so obviously not just my brother's friend smiled. "I've heard a lot about you, Y/n."

Oh gosh. Now what do I say? Is there a certain reply to that?! I ended up just nodding. We made our way to the couch where the three of us sat.

"Anything going on with you?" B/n asked me.

Well, I can tell what he's asking about... "I have my friends, but school has been school. Nothing exciting like a relationship." I folded my hands over my knee. "What about you two?" I'm not straightforward enough to outright ask if they're dating. If I'm wrong, that could make things awkward...more so than it already is.

"That's how it is for us," B/n replied. I wonder how many times I can go, 'yeah, sure' in a day? Also, why are you speaking for her? You know that she isn't going on dates? OF COURSE YOU KNOW, CAUSE THIS CHICK IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND! IT'S A SISTER SENSE!

"B/n talked about you and a guy he doesn't like much, how is that going?" G/n asked.

Must my relationships be brought up by B/n? My life really doesn't need to be known by someone I don't even know! I shrugged in response. I already answered that question, nothing exciting. I don't really like the atmosphere right now. How do I respectfully leave? As I was thinking of an excuse, my hands grew clammy. "I...have some things to do, so if you'll excuse me." I got up from my seat on the couch and shuffled upstairs to my room.

I was about to enter my room, when I heard Mom and Dad talking in the upstairs guest room.

"We should get the walls painted before we move in the baby items," Mom stated.

Wait. Baby items? What...do they mean by that? Is that guest room gonna be a storage room now? Why paint the walls of a storage room, though?

"There's no need to rush. Besides, she'll be in our room for the first few months." Dad responded.

...I can't believe this. If B/n doesn't know, then it wouldn't be all that hurtful, but... Mom's pregnant, and I didn't even know. Even if I did notice, or have guessed... You would think they would have told me.

"B/n was ecstatic to hear that he's gonna have a little sister, so I'm sure he'll help out no matter what." Dad was talking as if B/n didn't already have a little sister, that being me... Maybe he meant to say another little sister? Ah, but this means B/n knew about Mom being pregnant. That means someone who sees Mom everyday is the last to know. Around the beginning of September they told me to make plans for the weekend... Did they try for a kid while I was gone?