Chapter 9~ Bringing up the Past

Zenix and Sasha made space for Gene and I. When Zenix saw that Gene was holding my hand, he grimaced. "Gross," he commented.

"Agreed," Sasha said.

Gene rolled his eyes. "Oh grow up you two." He and I both sat down.

I noticed that Zenix and Sasha had their phone's out. "Do you guys just hang outside on your phones, pretending to like the outdoors?"

"Pretty much," Zenix answered.

"Wow. That's so hardcore." I can't believe this hotheaded kid is my upperclassmen... Unless being crazy is signature junior behavior...or second half of high school behavior, if you take Gene and what my brother was like into consideration.

"Well... I bet you've never spray painted before!" Zenix attempted to counter.

"Neither have you until your initiation," Sasha retorted.

"Sasha, I thought you were on my side! How dare you defend Y/n!" Zenix shouted.

"Hold up, initiation?" I questioned.

"You spray paint the Shadow Knight logo onto a wall," Gene explained, causing me to raise an eyebrow. "What, do you want to see it? There's a bridge nearby that's tagged." No I don't want to see it! What kind of person thinks doing that is okay?!

"It was wiped off. Kitty probably came back and wiped it off like the goody two shoes she is." Sasha informed.

"Kitty?" Hopefully my questions aren't too annoying...

"Aphmau," Gene replied.

"A really weird name. It suits a weird person, but I guess she is hardcore for tagging the bridge. If she did wipe it off... I take back my hardcore." Zenix stated.

"Is hardcore a noun now? I'm just gonna hand out some hardcores... What does that even mean?!" I'm getting sick of the word ha- Ugh, you get it by now.

"If I hear that word one more time I'm gonna spray whoever said it directly in the eyes." Sasha hissed.

"Woah... That's so hardcore!" Zenix exclaimed.

"Gene, where's our stash?" Sasha asked.

"Just before the bridge, take a left, and there's a ditch with a few cans," Gene answered.

Sasha got up and walked away while Zenix chased after her. "Nonononono! Sasha, it just slipped."

I laughed. "Wow. Your gang really is something."

Gene shrugged. "We've known each other for a long time, so it only makes sense we get along so well, if you couldn't already tell." He suddenly looked smug. "Wanna join now?"

"I don't think I know Zenix and Sasha well enough yet. Besides, I don't think I could graffiti without constantly feeling guilty about it." I replied. "How did you get that Aphmau girl to tag the bridge? Cause she doesn't sound like she'd do it on her own will..."

"Blackmail..." Gene mumbled.

I was in slight shock. Not because of the blackmail, but Gene, who talked so highly of the subject on Friday, mumbled the all powerful word. He really is changing... "Yikes. What was this picture that she was so worried about?"

"Garroth kissing her. She was involved in a love triangle with him and Laurance." Gene replied.

"Love triangle? I haven't even been involved in a love line segment! She must be some girl!" I exclaimed.

"No way have you not been involved in any love geometrical figure. You're in one right now." Gene informed.

How am I not aware of this in the slightest?! "I am? With who?!"