Chapter 15~ There Seems to be a Secret

Ivy had successfully dragged me to the assembly, and brought me to where her friends Lily and Alex were. Why am I constantly being surrounded by the bad eggs of the school?  I've heard that Ivy is super mean to people who talk to or even look at Garroth!

To add to the career based assembly, there were college students that talked about what they're studying towards. The current speaker...was my brother. Of course he would be. He was a popular student in Phoenix Drop High from all that I've heard, and he knows what he wants to do... The better of the L/n siblings.

"Wow... B/n? I've heard a lot about him. He's as hot as people say." Lily murmured. In response, Alex nodded. Ivy shrugged and began on how Garroth was better. It's weird to hear someone refer to my brother as hot... Like, he's my BROTHER! We for some reason look nothing alike, but if we're related, which obviously we are, why don't I get compliments?! I mean, I've received a total of like, six in the past two years, but that's how many B/n gets per day!

Alex turned to me. "What do you think of him, Y/n?" I was shocked when I heard the voice from Alex being on the quieter side. With how loud Ivy always is, I assumed her friends would be the same way.

"He's my brother, so I don't think of him like that." Even if he wasn't my brother, appearance is all that's looked at for him, or so it seems. If people actually got to know him, well... They'd know his undesirable traits, such as him leaving problems unsolved, being nosy, and slight stubbornness. Ugh. That might just be him as my brother... What if he's actually perfect? I'm such a loser compared to him!

Lily's jaw dropped. "He's your brother? I'd hate to be you. That's one really hot guy that isn't available..." Lily narrowed her eyes at me. "Wait, aren't you that girl who's dating Gene?"

At this point, I am so tired of telling people that Gene and I aren't dating... "No. We're friends." I clarified.

"Who knew Y/n L/n would be friends with one of the school's bad boys; let alone be rumored to be dating him." Lily laughed. "Of course, Gene isn't anywhere near Aaron Lycan's level. He's...really violent."

Man. Super violent kid and I haven't even heard anything about him. I really need to start being involved with things... "Aaron Lycan?" I questioned.

Ivy gasped. "You don't know him? He's gotten into so many fights to count! I heard that he clashed with Gene before."

Now I really can't believe that I don't know of this Aaron dude. The Shadow Knights tend to keep tabs on and discuss stuff like that. I'm surprised that the first time I've even heard of this Aaron is from Ivy's group... "Do you know if they got into a physical fight?" I mean, I kinda needed to know. How wary of Aaron do I need to be?

Ms. Stryker walked over to us and told us to quiet down and pay attention. "Sorry Ms. Stryker." With Ivy's apology, the history teacher walked away. Upon being out of an ear shot, Ivy scowled. "I don't think she understands that no one listens to these assemblies. They're so dull."

"As dull as her," I added.

The three girls snickered, and Ms. Stryker walked our way again. "Girls, if you keep being disruptive, I suggest moving seats."

"Sorry. It won't happen again, I promise." Lily responded. Once Ms. Stryker was out of an ear shot, Lily scowled as well. "Where would we even move? There's no free seats. She's soooo stupid!"

For the rest of the assembly, there were no other disruptions. After what seemed like forever, the torturous room of a couple hundred students cleared. Subsequent to the assembly, I made my way to my locker. To my surprise, Gene was next to it. "Hey. What brings you here?" I asked upon arrival.