Chapter 12~ Catching Up

I ended up walking to a coffee shop I used to go to sometimes with my friends. Whenever I had birthday money, I would spend it with my friends. My parents give me money once a year, but they don't give me a way to spend it, so my friends took care of that. Yes, I could save up my money, but... I don't plan on going to college, so tuition isn't gonna be something that'll trouble me. I'll probably still live at home, have a job, save THAT money up, and then move out, or...buy a car. I don't know if my parents are gonna be nice enough to buy one for me. They bought one for my brother, but the difference is they like my brother and hate me!

Being at the coffee shop was great and all, but I didn't take any of my stuff with me. No stuff means no wallet, and no wallet means no coffee for me...

I ended up just sitting at the stools against the counter, cause that was where my friends and I would usually sit. Upon sitting down, I noticed a familiar face... "F/n?!"

The girl was looking at her phone, but she turned her head upon hearing her name. "Oh, Y/n. Hey! What are you doing here?"

I don't know if I was being paranoid, but I thought I heard a bit of disappointment in her voice... To make sure I wasn't bothering her, I made sure to give a short answer. "Kind of a long story."

"I have time. My date was supposed to be here 15 minutes ago, and I'm done with waiting. People who aren't punctual are not worth my time. I was about to shoot him a text, telling him not to come anymore. This really sucks, cause I have sociology with him..." F/n glanced down at her phone. "I'm gonna send the text, and I'll give you my full attention."

After about a minute, F/n put her phone into her pocket. "Okay. So what's the tea?"

I began sharing the story of my weekend so far. F/n listened the entire time, reacting with facial expressions, but she never interrupted me to make a comment. She only spoke up when I finished talking.

"That was a lot to take in, and... I don't even know what to start with! I'm just shooketh that you had your first kiss! Agh, that's not the main thing! What the heck is Gene's problem?! I'm really sorry that happened to you, Y/n! Friends are difficult to come by for you, let alone a boyfriend..."

I shrugged. "I don't care that much about the boyfriend part. It's just the fact that I feel like with how I took off among other things, being friends is gonna be weird. I...don't know how I can fix things with Gene, or if things will just go back to normal after time? I feel pretty devoid of everything right now."

F/n widened her eyes. "The girl who claimed to be animesexual is upset about an irl boy... This guy must mean a lot to you. He also must mean serious bad news if your brother is concerned about him." She looked to be in deep thought for a while. "I have a cousin named Gene. He's my dad's nephew. I don't see him much, cause my dad usually just sees my cousins Dante and Gene alone. I've mostly seen Gene at school, cause I had a few classes with him. Though, Gene didn't attend class much. He had serious eye bags, so maybe he slept in."

"That's the Gene I know. And...he might've slept in sometimes, but he just skips class a lot with his friends."

"Oooh. Y/n likes a bad boy, huh?" F/n giggled.

I furiously shook my head. "That's just all the gossip and rumors. He's a great guy if you actually get to know him." F/n's family is pretty small, so it's a bit surprising she doesn't know what one of her few cousins is like, but I guess Dante doesn't know about Gene's gang, and I didn't know about it until this year...

"Y/n, calling a guy great? What's going on here?" How could I forget? F/n loves her teasing...

"F/n!" I whined.