Chapter 3~ To the Office...

I had made it back to school in time for second period. I was sitting at my desk, waiting for the teacher to start class, when someone who I have every A through E class with came up to me. "Your name was called down to the office during homeroom and first period... You never made it to the office apparently. Where were you?" I looked up at the school's volley ball captain, Katelyn.

I stayed quiet for a while, trying to think of a lie. I wasn't sure if Katelyn was the type to snitch... "I got distracted on my way... I picked up what I needed to eventually." That sounds so incredibly unbelievable...

"You managed to get distracted the entirety of homeroom and first period...?" she questioned.

"I needed to stay in class for homeroom for...a group project I have with someone. The teacher let me stay. My partner's been busy with a lot of other things, so I had to catch them up with what I've been working on and stuff." I made up.

"Oh, I guess it must be F through J classes, then, cause today's classes we don't have group projects... Well, sorry for pressing about it." Katelyn returned to her desk, and soon enough the teacher came in.

Mrs. Minnows tilted her head as she looked at me. "Aren't you supposed to be in the office, Y/n? Your name was called during the end of first period, after already being called during morning announcements..."

If I tell her I already stopped by the office, I might be called down again, and then she'll think... Lying to a teacher is a lot worse than to another student... Do I use the same story I told Katelyn and hope for the best? Why didn't I just go to the office! Stupid nerves...

"I already went down to the office." I managed to come up with something to fall back on. "I was told that I might be called down again."

"A lot of up and down for you, huh? Very well." Mrs. Minnows went to the front of the class and began the lesson.

Mrs. Minnows is an algebra 2 teacher that manages to make math tolerable and understandable. Usually I'm able to pass my math classes with B minuses and sometimes C's, but so far I've been getting A's on my assignments. It has been only three weeks, and I tend to be better at algebra compared to geometry, but I'll only really be able to tell as the year goes on.

Mrs. Minnows made a bit of small talk before asking everyone to take out the homework that was assigned last Thursday. There were a few 'yikes' and 'uh-ohs' from around the room. I took out my math folder and took out the homework. A student was randomly selected to collect the homework, and as this was happening, the phone rang. Mrs. Minnows picked it up, and as she was on, she looked towards me, making me 'uh-oh' like some of my classmates that forgot their homework.

The teacher put down the phone. "Y/n, to the office."

I wish she didn't announce that to the whole class! As I got out of my seat, Katelyn looked at me, and I accidentally made eye contact. I quickly looked away and shuffled out of the classroom. I think it'll be better if I just get whatever I need to over with... I'm probably gonna be in trouble for not going down the first time I was called down!

On my way to the main office, I had to pass through a lounge area, and...the Shadow Knights were sitting around there. I tried to sprint by without getting noticed, keeping my eyes glued to the ground, but just as I was about to pass by, Gene blocked me off. I raised my gaze to look at him.

"You left pretty suddenly, without even saying bye." Gene looked down at me, making me feel a bit small. Me knowing that he's a senior really didn't help... If I think about it, I guess I kinda jumped to the conclusion that the Shadow Knights are up to no good. They're kind of shady, though. I'm not crazy, right?!