Chapter 8~ Proof of Change

Casual outfits that are also socially acceptable can be difficult to come up with sometimes. I mean, I wear the same uniform for 5 days of the week, after all. Also, I tend to be in pajamas or oversized clothing at home... Not something I want to be seen at the park in.

I eventually decided on a black tied in the front shirt with light blue jeggings. After going into my parents room to tell them that I was leaving, I headed downstairs, put on s/t (shoe type) and headed to the park. While on my way, I looked through my work in progresses. Eventually, I arrived at my destination. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 1:23 PM. I'm a bit early, then. In the meantime I sat on a bench and waited for Laurance to arrive.

At exactly 1:34, Laurance appeared in my view, and I stood up to greet him.

"Hey Y/n, you're looking as beautiful as ever," Laurance said, making me feel pretty embarrassed. "Sorry if I made you wait long... I was trying to find something to wear, and time got away from me..."

A smile immediately grew on my face. "It's fine. Four minutes off the around time isn't a crime! Someone like you has to make sure to look good." Wait, no! That doesn't sound like a compliment! "I-I'm sure you'd look great in anything, though!" I felt my entire body slightly heat up. Try not to act stupid, Y/n! Jeez...

"That's really sweet of you, Y/n. The same can be said about you, of course."

I can see why so many girls like him now! He's so...charming. Woah there! I've known him for less than a week, and he acts like this with all girls... I have to make sure to remember that.

"Do you hangout at this park a lot?" My question somehow caused the walking and talking thing to begin.

"Kind of. I used to be here a lot more in freshmen year, but this year I've been stuck to the school field, with being captain of the soccer team and all." Laurance answered.

"Oh yeah, you do that. How's that for you?"

"It's pretty fun! There's always a lot of people that come to our games, so it's pretty exciting. You should definitely come to one of our games sometimes. I play better when I know there's a cute girl watching." Oh Irene, how do I tell him I'm not into sports... Laurance is really sweet, but the compliments are a bit overbearing. This was labeled as a hangout, after all, and NOT a date. There are girls that he doesn't shower in compliments, right? "Enough about me. I'd like to get to know you a bit more."

I think I'm a relatively boring person, but... There has to be something slightly relevant to share? "Well... What do you want to know?" Life sucks? I crave death? Memes manage to give me life energy?

"Well, you know that I like soccer, so... What are your hobbies?" Laurance asked.

"Memes," I blurted out. "I-I mean, looking at memes... I also like drawing, writing, watching anime, listening to music... I'm not really an interesting person, in all honesty. I'm a huge introvert."

"Being introverted doesn't make you not interesting. A perfect example that relates to you is drawing and writing. Based off what I see in art class, I can tell you're a passionate and creative person." I wasn't that surprised that Laurance would think that. I seem like that cause I stick to myself and always have my eyes glued to my art. In truth, I move my pencil or whatever at hand around, but I'm not making any marks. It's tough to think of what to do sometimes. On Thursday I was just sitting there for at least 10 minutes trying to figure out what to do.

The assignment was a basic one; draw things that are personal to you, whether it be hobbies, pets, people...anything. You were even free to use words, you'd just have to make them pop a bit. A requirement is your name, which you also have to make sure it pops. It's a simple about me project, three weeks into the school year, cause that makes sense.