Chapter 14~ Lying is the Worst Habit a Girl can-

After skipping a week of school, it was nice to have things back to normal, despite today being Monday. Although...hanging out with the Shadow Knights wasn't that bad. It just felt kind of weird, considering I've never ditched an entire week.

Right now it was homeroom, and at the moment I was trying to get a nap in before first period. Unfortunately, I didn't get what I wanted, like pretty much always. Laurance had disturbed my oh so precious sleep. "Hey, Y/n. It's good to see you in class again. Where have you been all of last week?"

I mean, you never reached out to me once, but I also never texted you, so... I quickly formulated a lie. "Being sick, not getting sleep... My parents weren't ever home to drive me on the days I did feel well enough to go to school."

"You could've texted me! My parents would've let my sister drive us." Laurance lightly chided.

Well, did I know that you had a sister or nice enough parents? Hmm, let's allow you to figure it out! "If it happens again, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, Laurance."

"Of course, Y/n. Anything." He sat in the empty seat next to me. "Did you do anything over the weekend, or were you still sick?"

"I stayed at a friend's house," I replied. "My weekend ended up being pretty hectic."

"Was it now? What happened?" Laurance queried.

I looked down and twiddled with my thumbs. "Just...a lot."

"Y/n, you're completely red! Don't tell me your 'friend'..." Laurance trailed off.

Oh jeez! Am I? Blushing is so...embarrassing! "You wouldn't know him!" I blurted. Why must I always lie?! It's obvious that Gene doesn't like that I care about people's opinions! It's awful that I seem to be ashamed of Gene... Stupid Y/n.

Laurance pouted. "Well, I hope you don't forget me while you have that other guy."

I giggled. "Of course not! We'll still be friends."

"So, about this guy... What year is he in?" Laurance asked.

Would me saying senior be suspicious? I mean, it's obvious who it would be, but I doubt Laurance would immediately declare me as a liar... I ended up telling the truth about the year.

He narrowed his eyes. "Senior, huh? What's his name? Maybe I do know him."

"It's...a secret!" I exclaimed. It was a bit too late to be honest now... I'd rather not say, 'I kinda lied to you. In fact, you know the guy, cause the guy is Gene,' now that would be pretty bad. My lying problem really needs to be fixed...

"Hmm... Fine. One last question, and I'm gonna get back to my seat. Are you two official?"

With Laurance's stated to be final question, I replied honestly. "No, but I have a feeling we will."

"Wow, Y/n. That's...great! I hope for the best between you two." After saying that, Laurance went back to his seat.

Do...I really think that?! Feeling like this about an actual person is so weird. An anime character can't judge me, but a person can... Especially since the person is Gene! He has no problem saying what's on his mind...

Soon enough Mr. Blakeory entered the room while staring down at his seating chart. He looked around the class, glanced at his seating chart, and arrived at the front of the room. "Good. Everyone's here. Today we have everyone's favorite, an assembly."

There were multiple groans from around the room. Why is there an assembly now? Usually there's one at the beginning of the school year, and one at the end of every other month... I really don't care for whatever this stupid assembly's about...