Chapter 6~ Vitality of Consideration

It was now lunch time on Thursday, and I was about to sit alone at the end of the lunch table I've been sitting at, but I was approached by Laurance. "Hey, Y/n. I didn't get to talk to you in art today, so I was wondering if you wanted to sit by my friends and I."

Yup, and our conversation was cut short on Tuesday. Speaking of that, only Gene showed up in art today, and surprisingly, he stayed pretty quiet, which was really weird... As for yesterday, the Shadow Knights attended Chemistry... I hope that I can get the three of them to quit skipping days of school, as well as bullying people. Anyways... "If your friends are cool with it, then sure!" I replied. 

"Yeah, I asked them about it earlier, and they said they're fine with it." And so, I followed Laurance to his lunch table with Garroth and Dante... Would it be possible to find some nice female friends? I don't want people to get the wrong impression of me... Are girls at my school really too caught up in their own lives to be nice to the less fortunate? I guess it is my fault for not going up to people... Maybe I should've joined a club...

I sat down, feeling incredibly self-conscious. I'm sitting at the popular boys table; there are gonna be a LOT of people looking this way. I shrunk in my seat. I already felt someone's gaze on me, and I looked up to see it was just Dante. I don't know if that's actually better or worse.

"Wow Laurance, Aphmau and Y/n?" Dante questioned.

"I'm just friends with them, Dante. I don't plan on having any relationships like that." Laurance replied.

"If you really think that's the way to go..." Dante trailed off. "So Y/n, your type is Laurance?"

"I haven't known him that long, so I wouldn't be able to say. Besides, a lot of people like Laurance, and you mentioned someone named Aphmau." I answered.

"Well aren't you thoughtful? I can tell why Gene likes you." Dante noted.

I was about to question what Dante meant, but Laurance beat me to the punch. "Gene liking Y/n? What do you mean by that? Since when did you even know Y/n?"

"I must be missing something here," Garroth announced.

"I'm confused, and I'm the one involved in this... I wish I wasn't, though." I whispered to Garroth.

Laurance and Dante payed no mind to Garroth's confusion, so I filled him in while I kept an ear to the other two boy's conversation.

"By like I meant in a friend way!" Dante laughed sheepishly. "I met Y/n on Tuesday, cause my mom made Gene walk to school with her, so I decided to tag along. I also have her in my ELA class, but I never talked to her until this week."

"Oh, okay." Laurance let out a sigh of relief before getting worked up. "WAIT, WALKING TO SCHOOL WITH HER?"

Many people started looking our way, and I felt the extreme need to disappear. Why Laurance, why?

"Gee Laurance, I didn't think you'd get so mad over your friend. And besides, what did my brother ever do to you?" Dante questioned.

"Wait, does Dante seriously not know?" Garroth asked.

"Know what?!" Dante looked at the three of us, looking very confused.

"Hmm... Garroth, maybe we shouldn't tell Dante about it, as much as I don't like Gene." Laurance stated.

"Y/n? Are you gonna tell me?" Dante asked.

I shook my head, causing Dante to sigh. "I guess I'll have to ask him." 

"Well, enough about me... Yeesh." I laughed sheepishly. "There's nothing to worry about Laurance, I'm able to handle myself! Thanks for worrying, though."