Chapter 25~ Blast From the Past

I'm at Dante's house with the boy himself. He's standing near me, right outside Gene's door. I was hearing two voices from the room. One of the voices was Gene's. The other...a girl's.

"Just go in, Y/n," Dante whispered. "I think I recognize the voice, and it isn't anyone you want around Gene. I'm gonna go explain things to my mom. I can't believe she let her in the house..." 

He went downstairs, leaving me alone. I really wish he said who this girl was before leaving... Should I be scared?

Fear overtook me, and I ended up just listening to the conversation between Gene and the mystery girl.

"Who is she, Gene?" the girl questioned.

"She's my girlfriend. I don't see why you care, since you broke up with me. Now, I'm not gonna repeat myself. Give me my phone, and get the hell out of my room." Gene spat.

Ah. So it's Gene and my brother's ex girlfriend. Before I infiltrate, let's see what she has to say.

"Her?" The girl laughed. "Aw, this is B/n's little sister. You got a complete downgrade."

I'm so gonna fight this stupid chic. Just in case I wanted to charge her, I opened the door a crack.

"Don't talk about Y/n like that. Not only is she cute, but she's actually considerate." Gene's voice was soft before quickly raising. "Nothing about you is attractive. You're just a gold digger. I find it real funny you mention the guy you moved on to, after me."

"B/n treated me more than you, but you're so much more fun to be with than him." She pouted. "He got boring..."

"I'm done with your talking!" Gene shouted.

"You really want your phone, huh? Then take it from me." I could just see the girl smirking. Fortunately, her back was turned to me. If it wasn't, I would've immediately wiped the smirk off her face.

"I'm not gonna lay a hand on you. I'm not stupid." Gene retorted.

My adrenaline was really pumping by now, so I did something crazy.

I ran into Gene's room screeching and tackled his ex. The girl screamed, and in her blind panic, I snatched Gene's phone from her hands. Just cause she hurt two guys that I care about, I smacked her before standing up.

Gene was laying wide eyed in his bed, blanket pulled over him.

"Please don't hurt me," he begged.

I smirked. "Under the condition of you accepting my love and understanding that I won't leave you alone, no matter how much you push me away, you stupid angsty teen."

His expression darkened, and the smirk immediately was wiped off my face. I guess our problem can't be solved with humor...

I looked down at the chic I tackled. I bent down and whispered, "Get out of here quietly, or else I'll drop kick you as soon as you stand up."

With a hiss, the girl crawled out of the room. What a pathetic display!

I turned my attention back to Gene. I placed his phone down on the bed, before plopping down at the edge.

Where to even begin? "Why do you think you'll make things worse for me, Gene? Cause I don't get that feeling from you. The things you said... I talked to Zenix, and he said you push people away if you think they're better off without you. He also said you didn't mean what you said. If that's true, then... I know how to handle myself, and I know how I feel. I'm not better off without you, nor am I nothing without you. Even though yesterday and today... I felt like nothing, cause I missed you so much."

"Isn't there someone else, Y/n? Someone that isn't likely to hurt you? Or make things harder?" Gene questioned. "If I screw up and hurt you, I don't know what I'll do. You've slipped through my defenses, but for your own good, I have to let you go before...I fall harder for you."

I shook my head. "I really thought you had more sense... Gene, no matter who you and I are with, there's always gonna be some fight, some hurt. You're not the only person that can hurt me. Even if you do hurt me, we can always work things out. You're giving up too easily, and that's making me rethink if I know the real Gene."

He sighed. "Surprised to see someone unconfident?"

"I see more than that. Yeah, you do seem unconfident, but I see a guy that's sweet and caring. Someone that I want to work things out with. I don't care if you're not some high school bad boy." I turned to look at him, and he turned to me. "I like the guy that wraps his arm around me when we're watching shows. The guy that stands by my locker and walks me to my classes. The guy-" Gene sat up and cut me off.

By kissing me.

He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer. He laid back down, and I was brought with him. My heart was racing. Did I manage to say the right things for once?

It was hard to think about that when I was...on top of him, while still kissing. His hands were on my waist until we broke the kiss. I tried not to look stupidly out of breath as I laid beside him. We were both looking into each others eyes in blissful silence. 

He wrapped an arm around me, brought me closer, and kissed my forehead. "It's hard to admit it, but...I'm sorry for being stupid and trying to push you away."

"Just...don't do it again, okay? I like you too much to be pushed away." I placed my head on his chest, and he stroked my hair. I smiled, not only because of his notion, but because of the rhythmic beating of his heart.

"What's gonna happen to us after I graduate?" Gene asked.

The thought of him graduating and us being apart upset me. I tried to think of the best possible answer.

He continued, "I'm gonna be gone, and another person might come along that you like. A person...that can actually be with you."

"Right now I can't imagine being with someone that's not you, so I feel like we should wait and see if we can be apart. If we still feel the same way about each other, even if we don't see each other every day." I answered.

"I can agree to that," he stated. "Be together as long as this feeling stays the same."

I smiled, although it held some sadness. "Yeah."

My eyes began shutting, and I think he noticed, because he pulled the blanket over us.

I hope this can last forever. The safe nature of us in his room, and...us in general. I feel like life couldn't go on without him. How did I, someone who was so independent, grow so reliant on someone?

It doesn't really matter. I'm just really glad I have Gene.
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: I have made a bit of a sudden decision, and...that's to end the book. The reason why there was another long pause between chapters was because I was writing the epilogue, which still isn't done yet... I haven't really been writing, and I've been busy with school, among other things.

I'm not sure if the chapter felt conclude-y enough, but I feel like if I write anymore, the book will be too dragged on. Do not fret! The epilogue I mentioned should hopefully tie up some loose ends.

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow📚