Chapter 7~ Surprise!

Ah Friday. The last day of the week, and I ended it with Chemistry, which Gene and his gang attended. Thankfully, it wasn't all too bad. Currently, I was about to walk home, cause I've been doing it pretty much all week, literally except for Monday, when I heard my name being called.

I turned around to see Laurance. "Hey, Y/n. I forgot to ask this during homeroom or lunch, but I was wondering if you have any plans for the weekend?"

"I usually do the same things every weekend, so I'm free," I replied.

"Would you want to hang out at the park near school this Saturday? I want to know more about the manga you're working on, and hopefully you too."

I was hoping to recharge my social battery, but how can I say no to someone as nice and charming as Laurance? "I'm flattered that you're interested in my art! I'll...be there with my sketchbook Saturday." This is the kind of situation where you usually flash a smile, but whenever I try to force a smile, it always looks super unnatural...

"Great! What time works best for you?" Laurance asked.

"Any time after 9 AM really... I'm not a morning person, at all." I laughed sheepishly. What's the normal time you usually hang out with someone OUTSIDE?! I'm used to hanging out indoors... "Would around 1:30 work?"

"Yeah, that would be fine. After lunch, then. I'll see you tomorrow, Y/n." People use school timings as when to eat? I just eat when I'm hungry...

Laurance and I parted ways. I was ready to leave the school grounds, when I was stopped yet again. This time, by Gene.

"So you have a date with Laurance, huh?" he questioned.

I sighed and turned around. "It's not a date. I'm pretty sure he likes a girl named Aphmau, anyways." I narrowed my eyes at him. "You were listening to my conversation?"

"Ah-ah-ah. I overheard you two. Not on purpose." Gene smirked. "You're right about Laurance liking Aphmau. That girl...was so easy to manipulate, until she suddenly stood up to me. Laurance seems to be trying to move on, though."

I crossed my arms. "Manipulate, huh? You're done with that now, right?"

"You seriously need to understand that things take time. I've been leaving her alone for the meantime, cause someone is encouraging me to attend classes, leaving not enough time to plot." Gene stated.

"You're the one listening to me, so I guess that makes you easily manipulable." I remarked, which clearly didn't please him.

"The art of blackmailing is far too complex for you to understand. You just stick to your little art, and I'll stick to mine." Gene started walking away.

"N-no! I meant that as a joke!" I chased after him.

He began laughing. "And just then, you were tricked."

I puffed out my cheeks. "The delinquent boy who cried hall monitor... "

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll understand my form of entertainment soon enough."

"And I thought you were slightly changing... I guess the end of the week resets you." I sighed.

"I've just been proving that you're wrong. Have I threatened to send anything to your brother? No. Have I went out and sent anything? No, I haven't even talked to him." Gene retorted.

"I guess so... Sorry for doubting you." I said. "I guess I should try to understand who you are better."

"Why thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt." Gene looked past me into the parking lot when there was a honk. "Oh, my mom and brother's been waiting for me, I guess. Wanna say hi to them?"

"...I'll have to pass." I replied.

"Aww, really? Well, I don't want to make them throw u- Oh no, I mean wait up on me. I'll see you this weekend, Y/n." Before I could screech or ask about what he meant, Gene ran off.

I can't believe I got so nervous that I freaking threw up! I'm so pathetic... Why did he say that he'll see me this weekend, though?! We never made plans! He seriously gives me so much anxiety oh my Irene! Please don't tell me he's gonna be there while I'm at the park with Laurance... That's the only time I'm gonna be out of the house this weekend, after all!

I finally started walking home after shaking off my thoughts of Gene. My thoughts shifted to hanging out with Laurance tomorrow. I wonder if Mom will care that I go... I should still ask, I guess.

So when I got home, that's what I did... Until I saw that she wasn't even home! Is she at work...? Hopefully she'll be home soon so I can ask her and then retire to my room.

I laid down on the couch, scrolling through memes on Instagram after putting my bag upstairs and changing into casual clothing. After a while of looking at memes, I heard the garage open, signaling that Mom was finally home. I sat up and looked towards the garage entrance, and to my surprise, my brother walked in with her!

"Sorry I couldn't pick you up from school, Y/n. Your brother said he would be free to come home this weekend, so I went to pick him up after work." Mom said.

"It's fine." I've only walked my way to school and back this entire week, due to whatever you've been doing! "Hey, B/n! Good to see you again."

"Hey, Y/n! It's good to see you too."

"Well, I'm gonna get dinner ready. Your father's gonna be home from his trip by tonight, so I'm gonna be going to pick him up. You two might have to eat dinner yourselves." Mom informed.

"Um. Mom, would it be okay if I hung out with one of my friends at the park tomorrow?" I asked.

"Is it one of your friends from middle school?" Mom inquired.

"No... Friend I made recently." I answered.

"Hmm... What's her name?"

She assumes my friend is immediately a girl?! Do I just make up a name or...correct her?

I managed to make a choice, but it took a little while to get out. "Lore...lei. Her name's Lorelei!"

"I don't see why not. Do you need anyone to drive you? It's my day off tomorrow." Mom asked. Wow! She either didn't notice how much I stumbled over the name, or she doesn't care!

"I'll be fine walking there... If you could pick me up from the park, that would be appreciated."

"Sure, Y/n," Mom said and went into the kitchen to start cooking.

B/n sat next to me on the couch. "So who's this guy you're hanging out with tomorrow?"

"A guy? Whaaattt?" I cringely said.

"So you're telling me you forgot the person's name that you were actually going to hang out with? That this 'Lore...lei' person is the real deal?" B/n interrogated.

"I mean, I'm pretty forgetful." I reminded. "But I have no reason to lie to you... It's a guy named Laurance."

"Is he dreamy?" B/n teased.

"I'd say so, yeah. He's also a popular guy at school, and a lot of girls like him..." I replied.

"Aww, but you like him a lot and wanna confess to him?"

"No! We literally started talking on Monday, and we traded numbers yesterday." I bashfully exclaimed.

"If you say so sis." B/n rolled his eyes and got up. "I'm gonna get myself situated." He made his way upstairs.

I better look over my sketchbook and make sure nothing too embarrassing or personal is in there! Sometimes the dialogue I write is heavily based off of me... Hopefully tomorrow isn't completely awful!
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: Mystreet season 1 reference? Are you a true fan and knew the reference? Was this chapter supposed to include the hangout with Laurance and Y/n but I moved it to next chapter? (Yes, it would've been too long otherwise)

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow📚