Chapter 13~ Making Amends

On Sunday I discovered that Zack's way of solving things is direct confrontation. It was lunch time, and to my dismay, Zack invited people over. Who those people are? Gene, Dante, and their parents!

Diane glared at Zack as soon as the family showed up. She hovered next to me. "He didn't tell me that he was inviting people over... If he did, I would've asked who, he would've told me, and I would have said no! I literally told him about what happened. Briefly, cause I don't want to embarrass you two."

"Your stupid daughter said to let there be space, and wait until Monday." I whispered.

"Do you want to escape to F/n's room?" Diane asked.

I glanced up and accidentally made eye contact with Gene. "I think it's too late, eye contact was made."

Diane lightly hit the back of my head. "You have to know when to keep your eyes off! I have to go greet them, and seem like a respectful woman. Turn invisible or something!"

Diane went over to the front door, and I just sat there, burying my head in my arms. Gene's parents are gonna be pissed, aren't they? I did kind of just leave their house without a word...

After all the greeting happened, seats were taken. When I thought things couldn't get any worse, Gene sat next to me... I wish I could turn invisible. Anyone have a splash potion of invisibility, or can someone pass me one to drink sneakily?

Across from me was Diane; diagonal from me, which was the head of the table, sat Zack. I cast several glares at Zack when I could. I wasn't sure if there was a warning prior to arrival, but no one greeted me. I was fine with that, but I felt a bit out of place.

"I'm expecting a message from F/n around this time, so I'll be right back. Zack, if you could bring out the food?" Diane stood up from her seat and gave me a look before walking past. I think she wants me to follow her? Diane is usually straightforward, so I stood up and followed her.

She led me to her and Zack's room. "I cannot believe Zack!" Diane massaged her forehead. "He just thought he could invite them over, knowing your situation? Does he think direct confrontation is a good idea?!"

"Clearly I don't exist, cause no one said hi to me," I pointed out.

"I told everyone you were sad and didn't want to talk," Diane explained.

"Why did Gene sit next to me, then? To make me sadder?" I questioned.

"How am I supposed to know what that boy is thinking! He's just like his uncle, apparently. Full of unexpected surprises... Y/n, I suggest you just stay in a room. I'll just say you don't feel good, and I'll bring you your lunch!" Diane sighed. "Y/n, I hope you know that you might have to be the bigger person and approach Gene first."

I shuffled my feet. "I doubt that I can. Maybe it's gonna be over, if he doesn't talk to me first." I wish I wasn't so pathetic. Gene said that I care about my brother's opinion too much, but... I think I care too much about everyone's opinion.

"Y/n, don't you dare think like that! You are overreacting. Things are gonna be just fine, maybe even great between you two." Diane assured. "I'm gonna head back out there. Sit tight." Diane left the room, leaving me to... search the room for my phone!

I looked in several places, and as I was looking under the bed, I heard Gene's voice...

"I guess your thing is running away and hiding?"

My body was about half way under the bed, but after hearing Gene, I completely hid under it. Despite me making it incredibly clear that I didn't want to see him, he ended up laying down on the floor by the bed, looking me directly in the eyes, up until I averted my eyes.