Chapter 21~ Life Changing Decision

"You're...adopted?" I was currently at my biological parents house, on the phone with Gene. I had just told him all that's happened since he went home. My parents live in a small house, so I was talking in their daughter's room, as she had a play date at her friends house.

"Yup. It's kinda hard for me to wrap my head around it, but it's true. Giselle, er. My...mom? looks a lot like me, and my...dad has the same skin and hair texture as me, so I guess it makes sense. Also, my ex-parents told me I'm adopted, so..."

"Are you cutting out your 'ex-parents' from your life, then? Your actual parents sound nice from what you've said about them so far."

"All my stuff is back at home, and I don't know if I'm gonna know what to do with parents that actually care about where I am and what I'm doing."

"I guess so. After all, your actual parents might not let your boyfriend over out of the blue."

I rolled my eyes as a smile creeped up onto my face. "How dare them if they lay down such an unfair rule!" I giggled. "I don't really know what to do; it hasn't really sunk in. They have a daughter that's 9, and I doubt I could be a good role model for her."

"You, an older sister? That would be horrible, you're always such a bad girl." Gene laughed for a while before bringing himself back. "In all seriousness, Y/n, you don't do anything wrong. I don't see what the problem would be."

I shrugged, despite knowing full well Gene couldn't see me. "Sometimes I'm not the most stable, so I guess I wouldn't be the kind of person you'd want around a child."

"I mean, your parents were the ones who stressed you out. If they're out of your life, maybe things will be better. I'm sure you could test the waters to see if you like your actual family. Maybe your younger sister is great, or maybe she's a total brat."

I can't see why I wouldn't like the Harpers. They're definitely an upgrade compared to the family I've had for all of my life...but still. I bit the inside of my lip. What would B/n think? We're close despite any fights we have, so I would definitely miss seeing him over the weekends, or breaks; Thanksgiving break is coming up, after all. He'd of course be at Mom and Dad's, and if I chose to stay here, attending their Thanksgiving wouldn't be right, would it? I wonder if he'd ever visit me here...

Am I really thinking about introducing myself to a family who's gonna have to take me and all my issues in, and I'll have to take in their's? It's like restarting everything...

My spacing out was interrupted by Gene beginning to talk, snapping me out of my spacey state. "Is their house nearby? I'd still want to see you at school everyday, so if they register under another high school..."

"I'd still be attending PDH. It's a bit farther than where my house is, so walking would kind of suck, but... Maybe there's a bus for this area."

"I wouldn't mind driving you around. You'd just have to deal with Dante, cause he isn't gonna want to walk during the cold." Gene offered.

"R-really?" I was slightly shocked, causing me to stutter. I shook my head. "I'm gonna need a few days to think about all of this."

"Well, let me know when you make a choice. I'm sure everything is disorderly for you right now."

"Will do. And yeah, it is..."

"I'm here for you." Those four words meant everything to me. Someone being with me through this...it's almost unimaginable.

Before I could respond, there was a knock on the door, and the person spoke to indicate who it was.

"Gimme a sec, it's Gis- Mom? I don't-" I cut myself off. "I'll get back to you!" I put my phone on hold. "Come in," I beckoned.