42

Hearing a knock on her door, Marinette opened it and let Alya. "Hey, what are you doing here? You didn't tell me you were coming over."

"Oh I..." Alya looked around in the room. "Don't ask, I just felt like coming. Um, so.. How are you and Chat doing?"

Marinette sighed and took a seat on her bed. "Chat and I are over, Alya."

Alya widened her eyes, though she was expecting this. "Why? What happened?"

"Well..." Marinette scratched her head. "He thinks he cheated on me with Ladybug, and he said he could live with the guilt."

"Marinette..." Alya frowned at her. "Why didn't you jus tell him the truth so he wouldn't worry?"

"Because then he would he mad at me!" Marinette muttered. "He would think I was fooling him. I don't want him to think that, and another reason is that I'm not ready yet. I don't know what his reaction is going to be, and it scares me even thinking about it."

"I... I do think you should tell him. If he doesn't like you for who you are, then that's his loss," Alya shrugged. "Plus about him being mad at you, what if you're wrong? What if he feels relieved, because then he would know that he didn't cheat on anyone?"

Marinette looked down after nodding. "I... I want to tell him."

"You should."

"Alright, I will. The next time I see him, I'll tell him everything so he wouldn't be so hard on himself," Marinette gulped. "Doesn't excuse the fact that he might blame me for everything and possibly even leave me forever, making Lila and Chloe get what they want."

"Even if he does that, I don't think he would ever choose Chloe or Lila," Alya chuckled.

"Alya? Marinette?" Sabine called from downstairs. "I made cookies for you two. Want them?"

"Yes!" Alya yelled back. She then turned to Marinette. "I'll get the cookies." She placed her phone on the bed and rushed downstairs.

Marinette waited for Alya to bring the cookies up. As she did, Alya's phone dinged and she peered over it, seeing that it was a message from... Kagami? She was able to see Adrien's name as well, and she was instantly hooked and curious of what the message could be about.

No Marinette, you bad girl! Marinette stared at the phone screen, then hesitantly she clicked on the message Kagami had sent Alya.

Kagami - so what should we do next, Alya? If Chat Noir kissed Ladybug, then Marichat is pretty much over.

Marinette frowned at the message, but something urged her to text back and ask what was going on. This was about her and Chat, and she wanted to see what was going on.

Alya - what do you mean?

Kagami - what do you mean by that? Have you forgotten about the plan of telling Marinette Chat's identity? Or should we tell Adrien about Ladybug's identity first? Which one?

Marinette dropped the phone, having it bounce on the bed before it finally laid there. She clenched her fists at what she had just read, realizing something.

"Hey Marinette, I'm here with the cookies," Alya smiled widely as she walked over to Marinette. "Are you... Are you okay?"

"Why did you lie to me?"

Alya placed the tray of cookies on the bed before facing Marinette again. "What do you mean?"

"Don't act as if you don't know!!" Marinette yelled as she stood up. "All along, you were lying to me. You said you told no one else, and what's more?! You know Chat's identity. You've been... You've been spying on us!"

"Marinette, listen to me!" Alya urged. "I'm sorry I lied, but it easy for good cause. I couldn't have you know about me knowing everything. And besides, my helpers haven't told anyone a single thing."

"Helpers?!" Marinette yelled. "So it's not only Kagami that knows. You told a lot more people. Alya, I thought you said you could keep a secret."

"I can! But you're not getting what I'm saying here!" Alya said, folding her arms. "Without us around, spying on you and all that, you and your lover would never he this close."

"Exactly what are you trying to say?!"

"Marinette, without us, Adrien would be Lila's friend. We were the one who got Lila on video and all that. We were the ones who took her down, so that no one could come between you and Adrien!" Alya explained, then she sighed. "Marinette, I did this on purpose. I left my phone here on purpose.

"I wanted to tell you everything, but I couldn't, so I decided to show you. I was the one who told your mom to bake cookies, so that I would have a reason to leave the room without my phone," Alya explained. "I told Kagami to text me at exactly this time, so that you would see it. Yeah, we've all been on this."

Marinette looked down. "Who else knows?"

"Nino.. Nathalie..."

"What?!" Marinette snapped again. "Alya, you... You told four people! You couldn't just tell one, but you told four. And Nathalie! What makes you think she's not going to spread the secret?!"

"Marinette, we've known this secret for more than two weeks. None of us have told anyone else," Alya assured her. "We just wanted to bring you and Adrien close, because we knew if we didn't help, you guys wouldn't have even gotten a chance to kiss."

Marinette backed away. "Chat Noir..." She spoke. "He's Adrien as I expected, isn't he? It makes sense anyway. The both of them love Ladybug! Pfft, none of them even cares about Marinette, I bet!"

"Marinette you don't understand. Chat Noir has been battling with himself whether to go with you or go with Ladybug, and he's still doing that," Alya said. "Nathalie spied on Adrien and informed that she caught him wondering whether to go with you or Ladybug. So yes, he does love you as both side of you. Marinette, if you tell him, he's going to be so glad...."

"Why don't you tell him?!" Marinette asked again. "You told me. I bet you never told him to tell me that he was Chat Noir. Instead you told me yourself."

"Nino.. Is already on that," Alya smirked. "He's going to pull the same trick as I did, only this time he's going to use a different reason to go out."