Chapter 1

Jungkook woke up early like  he did every day and frankly  no matter  how  early he  wakes  up he never catches up with his husband Namjoon. It's an everyday thing  to wake  to a cold  pillow and an empty bed.

In some cases he  dosent  even  sleep  in their  shared  room. Namjoon is not  only  a early riser but  a workaholic. It's  his  way of trying  to forget  stuff but  one  thing  he will never  erase  from  his  heart  and  mind is Jin, his  first  love  who died  because of a chronic illnesses. To Namjoon  he is unreplaceable and Jungkook is fully  aware  of this  fact and never tries to force matters.

Although he knows for  a fact  that  Namjoon  dosent  love  him  as much  he  respects him  as how  someone  is supposed  to respect  his  spouse. He  never mistreated him.

Their marriage was  more  of a deal. A give and take situation. Namjoon needed someone to marry so his  mother  would  get  over  his  chest  a year  after Jin 's  death. No matter  how  much  he assured  her that  he wasn't  miserable  and  lonely, she  wouldn't  take  his  word for  it.

He  then stumbled accross  a bunny  who was  in need.Jungkook 's  father  had  been  suffering  from  lung cancer and it had  gotten  to the  point  where  he coughed out  blood  and needed  surgery fast.

Namjoon was  kind  enough  to pay for his  father 's surgery  and  send  him  overseas  for  further  and  better  treatment. Jungkook  wasn't  able  to express  his  gratitude  enough.

After a month Namjoon  finally  struck  a deal  with  him .Jungkook  couldn't  refuse  since  he didn't  have  anyone else  besides  his  father. His  mother had  left  them in when  he  was  still  in middle school. It was at the  time when  his  father  stopped going  to work  because  of his  illnesses.

Jungkook learnt  life  the  hard  way.He  got more  focused  on making  money  for  himself  and  his  father  instead  of studying. Going  to  college  was  a far cry  even though  he  had somehow  made  it through  high  school.

After graduating  he took  up a dozen  full  times and  part  times. He had  to  pay for  his  father 's medication. He had never  lived his  life  for  himself.

After  agreeing  they  had a short  gun wedding  that  had  many  people  talking. It wasn't  every day  a 21 year old  gets married  to a widowered billionaire.

Jungkook  loved  children with a passion and  the  fact that  he wasn't  able  to  have  his  own  saddened him  to a greater  extend. In the  course  of the  three years  of their  marriage  Jungkook  had  suffered  two miscarriages. He expected  that  was  going to  change  things  for  the  worst  between  them but  it didn't. In fact Namjoon  was  more closer to  him that  before. He  decided  that  they  weren't  going  to try  anymore  as this  would  put Jungkook 's  life  at risk.

Jungkook got  up every morning to go to work. He was  a kindergarten  teacher and  he  couldn't  ask  for  anything  more  than  to spend  time  with  the  kids. They  made  his  free and  express  himself  more. He  loved  reading them  stories  and  watching  them play. He  bought  them a new book  every  week .

The  owner  was  also  kind. He  never  stopped complimenting Jungkook  for  his  good  work and dedication. They  had  more  kids  than any  other kindergartens in their  area.

Jungkook was  sitting with the  toddlers helping  them build  a railway track. Hoseok  his  boss walked over  to him  with  a fond  smile.

"I  struggle  to understand  how someone  like  you  insist on working when  your  husband  if filthy rich like  that. If I were you  I  would  spend  my days shopping  ,eating, parting  and  going  to sauna and beauty  parlors"Hoseok  remarked 

"Only a real housewife  would  indulge  in doing  those things "Jungkook laughed.

"Maybe  you  are right. It's  ladies  stuff "

Well Hoseok had  been  on a lot  of blind dates trying  to find  the  one  but  he couldn't. He  just  couldn't  help but question Jungkook 's  taste  in men.They  all  looked  okay but  whenever  they  opened  their  mouths  it made  him  wished  they  hadn't. They  were  all  about  themselves. Jungkook  thought  maybe  he was just  too picky. Hoseok  finally  called  it quits.

At the  end of the day Jungkook  locked  up and  was  about  to  hope  into  his  car.He  saw a familiar  one  and  got out.

"Aren't  you  supposed  to be  at work? "he  tilted his  head  at his  husband.

"I came  to take  you  out for  lunch  and  also  tell  you  something "

"Firstly  its  way past  lunch "Jungkook  commented  as he  glanced  at his  watch.

"Okay, just  think  of it as late  lunch "

"I  can't  say no can I? It will  be on you  if mother  scolds  me for  not  eating  at home "Jungkook said  as he  hoped in the  older 's  car.

On the way Namjoon handed  the  younger  a ribboned box.

"What's  this? "Jungkook  asked  as he  opened  it.

"A watch. But  you  got  one  for  me  last  month"

"I know but it's  broken  right "

"It's  broken  not  dead. Besides  it's just  a small  dent"

"Just  take  it"Namjoon  insisted

"Okay "Jungkook mumbled.

"Taehyung  is flying  in tomorrow. I can't  believe  it's  been years  since  we last  seen  each  other. He  must  have  grown  up a lot. I can  imagine  mom being  overly dramatic when  she  sees him "

Jungkook  could  have  sworn that Namjoon lights  up every time  he talks  about  his  younger  brother. That's one  of the times  he is in his  best moods.

Jungkook  could  only  smile  at him  fondly. Even  his  mother  talks  about  him  a lot and  it's  endearing.

He bets  that  was why Namjoon  had  gotten  off to work  to prepare  for  his  brother 's  arrival which  was already  long  overdue.

Jungkook 's mother in law was  no like  other. She  was  witty,loving, kind  and  a bit  of a drama queen. She  loved Jungkook as if he  was  her own.

Ever since his mother left them  for  a rich guy  he had  always  been  resentful towards  the  rich. He  had  thought  them to be disloyal and lack morals but  on meeting Ms Kim  he  realized that  they  weren't   all the  same.