Chapter 23

The  sun  shined  from  the  opened  curtains. Jungkook  reached  out  ,searching  for  his  bedmate but  couldn't  find  him.

He  stretched  and  looked  at the  clock. It was  already  ten in the  morning. He  couldn't  fathom how he  managed  to sleep  for  that  long.

With  messy hair he  raced  downstairs  and  found  his  mother in law  having  tea as usually.

"The  sleeping  beauty  has finally awoken. "

"Morning, has Taehyung  left ?"

"He  left  early  in the  morning  with Ara "

"Why? '

"He  said  it has  something  to  do with her  birth certificate. He  said  he  wants  to change  the  paternal parent "

"And  you  let him, ?He  didn't  even  talk  to me about  it."

"Jungkook, its  something  that  should  have  been  done a while  ago.Don't  think  too much about  this "

Jungkook  was  about  to speak  up when  the  door  cracked  open  revealing  the  jolly  father  and  daughter  duo.

Jungkook  was  ready  for  a fight.

"Taehyung  seriously  what's  wrong  with  you. Couldn't  you  have  discussed  this  with  me beforehand. Am i a pushover  or what? "Jungkook  half yelled .

"Don't  yell  in front  of Ara"

"But...."

"Jungkook, just  drop it.Ara is not  feeling  well. Being  in a  war zone  is the  last  thing  she  needs  right  now. You  can  always  talk  about  this  later "Hyuna  said.

Jungkook  snatched  his  daughter  and  pecked  her forehead  and  went  upstairs.

Hyuna prepared  formula  for  her  in the  meantime .

"I  thought  you  talked  to him  about  this. He has  the  right  to know. Never  ignore  his  importance  in Ara's  life" .

"Mom,Jungkook  would  rather  she  remains  Namjoon 's  daughter  in the  records. It will  help  with  his  peace  of mind "

"Taehyung, you  are  being  too hard  on him .It hasn't  been  a year  since Namjoon  died.Just  think  about  the  state  you  were  in when  she  left ."Hyuna  reminded.

"Mom that  was  in the  past  can  we not  talk  about  it"

They  were  both  startled  when  a slender  hand  reached  over  to grab  a formula  bottle.

"Jungkook, when  did  you  get  down. ?"

"I  never  really  went  upstairs. I was  in the  living  room. I wanted  Ara to have  her  formula "Jungkook  glared  at Taehyung  afterwards.

"Here  you  go"Hyuna handed  him  the  bottle  and  he muttered  a small  thanks  before  going  away.

"I think  he  heard  us"

"So what? Who doesn't  have  a past "Taehyung  spat before  walking  away.

"These  kids"Hyuna  sighed  deeply.

Jungkook  disappeared during  the day. Hyuna wasn't  at home  and  Ara  was  crying  helplessly.
Her  temperature  was  high.

Somewhere else.