Chapter 3

Jungkook woke  up to comforting warm hands patting his back. The fingers were well manicured with a touch  of baby  pink nail  polish. The  hands were  flawless and there wasn't any  sign  of wrinkles.

"Mother "Jungkook whispered as he turned to her.

"Jungkook I'm  really sorry  about  what  happened  earlier. I'm  sorry  I  couldn't  say  anything to him. He  was just  suprised. He  was the  closet to Jin and  was probably  angry thinking  that  we got  him  replaced  but  I  can assure  you  that  nothing is your  fault. I'm  the  one who is at fault. Maybe  if I  hadn't  bugged him  about  remarried. I just  couldn't  stand to see him  alone. I will talk to Taehyung  and  I  will  make  him  understand "

"This  is all  happening  because  of me.I really  don't have  any right  to make  them fight  like  that. ..I "

Hyuna cut him  off.

"So you  want  to leave? Jungkook  you  are a member  of this  family  just  as much  as Taehyung  is  and  he will  have  to understand  that  and  so should  you. Are  we clear on that? "

Jungkook  gave  her a dull nod.

"Come  down  and have  your  lunch .Taehyung  will  also  be there. He will  have  to learn  to co exist with  you  or he  can  always  leave to wherever  he  wants. No one  will  stop  him .He  is a  grown  up and he can  make  his  own  decision "

That  made Jungkook  more  miserable. It wasn't his  intention to break  a family  apart. They  hadn't  seen  each  other  in four  years  after  all  .

Namjoon  was absent at the  dinning table maybe he  dreaded having  to  deal  with  his  brother and husband.

Neither Jungkook nor Taehyung  were  eating .Jungkook  didn't even  lift  up his  face  even  once. Hyuna became  aware  of the situation and  she  really  didn't  know  what  to do. She  didn't  mean  to leave but  her phone needed  her attention  and  it.was  just  the  prefect  getaway .The  tension  in the room  was  suffocating.

Jungkook  thought he  might  as well  leave  but Taehyung  stopped him.

"Brother in law "he  said  in contempt.The  glow in Jungkook 's eyes had  already  faded  the  moment  he had  arrived. They were  now  dull and  flat.He  knew  for  a fact that Taehyung  was  mocking him.

"I'm  trying to decide whether  to blurt out  the  obvious or wait  for  you  to say  it yourself .The  bitter  truth.And  that  is my  brother  dosent  love  you  nor will he  ever"he  spat brusquely

Jungkook 's glow flickered again.
"I  know  that  much, brother  in law"he  mocked retortedly before striding  out  of the  room.

Jungkook had  just  declared  war.Taehyung was  just looking  for  trouble  were non existed.

As days went by Jungkook woke up just  as early  as Namjoon and went  to fix things at the  kindergarten before  the  kids  come  in.After work  he  took  music  classes. He  would  only  come  back  home  at eight  in the evening. A perfect  way to avoid  trouble.

He  and Taehyung never  saw eye  to eye  for a month. They were  always  about  their  businesses. Taehyung  owned  art galleries  across  the  country. He  was  very  passionate about  art.

Hyuna always  did laundry for  both of her boys.One  day she  sent Jungkook  to put Taehyung 's washed clothes  on his  bed.Jungkook was  hesitant  at first but  he then  realized  that  the  said  male  wasn't  at home. The two  brothers  had  gone out  for  a heart to heart  time.

As Jungkook  was  about  to leave  the  room  he  heard staggering footsteps and  his  heart  quickned.The  last  thing  he  wanted  was  to be  caught  in the  wrong  place at the wrong time.Especially  not in his  brother in law 's room.He  wouldn't  miss any  chance  to taunt and  make  him  think  less of himself.

Before  he  could  leave  the  owner  got in and Jungkook knew that  he  was  in for  high jump.To his horror and  disbelief Taehyung  locked  the  door  behind  him. Jungkook  wanted  to yell  until  he remembered  that  the  walls  were  sound  proof.

"I'm  actually  curious  as to what  my brother  saw in you  that  he  decided to  defy his  long  love 's  memory. What's  so special  about  you." Jungkook  stood  rooted  to his  ground,sweating  profusely. No one  had  any  idea how  much he  feared  the  man who  was  in front  of him. To make  things  worse  he  was  intoxicated.

How  was  he going  to get  out  of this one. Even  if he  made  a scene then  no one  would  hear  him. Taehyung  was  slowly  advancing  towards  him.His  eyes  were  full  of nothing  but  anger  and  resentment.

In a span of seconds Taehyung had Jungkook pressed against his  chest, one arm encircling his tiny waist.

"No ,Taehyung, stop "he  cried, pushing him with all  his strength but Taehyung wouldn't  release  him.

Taehyung was like a possessed man. He wouldn't  control  himself. He would  have  him  no matter what

"No,"Jungkook cried again but Taehyung could only  hear the  pounding  of his  own heart. He  pushed Jungkook back so that he lost  his  balance and sprawled  on the  bed.For  an instant he  stared  at the younger, eyes flashing  from  resentment, disgust and then  to lust.He then fell  on him covering his  body.

Jungkook struggled but he  knew it was useless ,he was fighting a losing battle. He  couldn't stop Taehyung. He  lay like  a statue as if life  had  suddenly been drained out  of him. Clothes were ripped on the floor.

He  hoped  someone  would  come  and save  him  just anyone   but  no one  came. He was  only able  to breathe when Taehyung rolled away  from  him. He  couldn't even tell  the difference between  his  own tears and sweat as they  were mixed up.

Sick with disgust and self loathing, Jungkook  rose from  the  shameful  bed and  pulled  a sheet  to cover  himself  up.He  couldn't  wait to put  back  his  clothes  on.

He  just  picked  them up and  unlocked  the  door  before  running  out.He  didn't  go to his  husband 's  room no.Instead  he went  to lock himself  in the  guestroom .After  bawling  his  eyes  out  he finally  got up from  the  cold floor  and  took a hot bath to scrub  his guilty  away .His  husband didn't  deserve  this  when  all  he  had  ever  done was  being  nice  to him .He  felt  like  he  had  betrayed  him  even though it wasn't  his  fault at  all.

The next morning he pretended as if everything was  okay but  he couldn't  hide away  the  dark circles on his eyes. They were a major cause  of concern.

He wasn't  the  only  one who acted as if  everything  was  normal Taehyung  did  to.Not  like he  remembered  anything that  he  did  that  night. After  a month  of wondering Jungkook finally came  to a conclusion that Taehyung didn't have any  memory of what  had  transpired between them on that  one fateful night. In a way  he  was  glad. Remembering  it would  only  cause  more  problems  between  them.No matter how much he tried  to wash  his  guilty  away  it wouldn't  come  off.What had happened  was  downright indecent. He couldn't imagine what would  become  of him when  his husband finds  out. Would  he  believe that  he was just  a victim. ?

Jungkook was  deep  in thoughts that  he  couldn't hear  the  persistent sound  of Namjoon  calling out  to him.

"Where  have  you  been.Why are  you  spacing  out  during  breakfast? "Namjoon 's clear  steady eyes were  fixed on him with unnerving intensity.

"You  looked  like  you  were  a million miles away "

"Not a million miles, a million  years "he  responded with  a shaky  smile.

"When  are  you  getting  off work  today? "Namjoon asked tenderly

Jungkook 's words  were caught  in his  throat  as he immediately  cupped  his  mouth .

Namjoon  gave  him  a questioning  look when  he  got  up  from  the  table. Jungkook 's eyes  were as wide as they  possibly  could  be.They  flashed  terror.