Chapter 4

Jungkook 's whole body was  trembling  especially his hands as he opened  the  water furnace  to wash  his  face after he  had  thrown up his dinner and  insides.

He  then  took  a drying towel from the towel rack and dried his face. He  took what seemed  like  an eternity staring  himself  in the mirror. He  wasn't stupid. He knew exactly what was  wrong  with  him. He  could  feel  it in his  bones but how was  he  going  to explain  it to  his  husband. They weren't intimate  ever since Jungkook  had  his  second  miscarriage. He felt like dying by just thinking about the  stigma when  other people find  out.

He was devastated and shattered. It was as if the  whole  world  was  closing  in on him. One  thing  that  came  to mind was  running  away  from  his  messed  up life. Nothing could  be more shameful than getting  pregnant by your  husband 's brother.

When  he  opened  the door Namjoon  was  staring  right  at him. It was Jungkook 's  third and  he  wasn't  missing  anything. In fact  he  was  certain  that Jungkook was  pregnant  but  whose was  it?,he wondered with mounting anger.

"Hyung...."Jungkook swallowed dryly.

"Jungkook we are  going  to the  hospital  now. You  aren't  going  to work. "

"But...I'm. ."

"Just  stop  lying Jungkook. We are  going  to get  it confirmed  then  we can   talk  about it from  there "

Jungkook  swallowed  dryly once again  as his eyes  were  brimming with tears .This  was  definitely  the  end for  him. He  was  going  to lose the  baby  like  he  always  did and before  that  he  would  have  lost  his  husband.He  was  fiddling with his  fingers as his hand  occasionally went  to pat his  flat belly. 

As they  were  on their way Jungkook  didn't  feel like  crying  at all. He  didn't  have  the  right. His  husband  didn't  even  look  at him. There  was  a glimpse  of hope  that  Jungkook wasn't  carrying  another man 's  child. A part  of him  hoped  that  it was  just  his  misconception. He  wanted  to trust  Jungkook.

Upon arriving at the  hospital both  their  nightmares came  true.

"Jungkook, crying won't  solve anything  now. Who is the  father. You  need  to tell  him "

"I  won't  tell  him.I don't  even  want  the  baby  either "he  sobbed.

"Jungkook, you  know  that if you  lose it then you won't  ever have  kids  in the  future. This  is your  last  chance and  then  your  body  wouldn't  be able to  take it anymore "Namjoon  reminded.

"I'm  aware. I just  can't bear the  guilty  growing  up inside  me.It will  eat me  alive "

"I know  you  don't  want  to tell  him  but  please  keep it. We will  raise  him  together just you and I. I should  be apologizing  to you  for  what  my brother  did "Namjoon 's demeanor had  changed drastically.

Jungkook was  bewildered. "You  knew all  along. Why didn't  you  say  anything. Why didn't  you  do anything. Did  you want  to protect  your  brother  that  much? "Jungkook was  hysterical.

"I'm  sorry Jungkook but  mom wouldn't  have  been  able  to bear it and Taehyung isn't  even  aware  of what  he did.I saw you  running  out  of his  room that  night. I had  gone  to drink  with  him  and  I  guess  he  had  gotten  a little  too much .In a way  it's  my fault "

"It wasn't  the alcohol  but  his  hatred  for  me.He hates me that much so he decided  to punish me but  you  still want  to stick  up for  him "Jungkook protested as he was  laying on the hospital bed with his hand on his belly.

"Jungkook, look. We have both been wanting a child  for  a long  time now. It might not be mine but above  all  isn't it yours.Isn't it growing  in your  womb. I really  don't have a problem with raising Taehyung 's child as my own "

"Maybe I  get  you  but  what  if I  miscarry it again. I just don't want you  to get  your  hopes up over  nothing "

"This  time  I'm  confident "

"Thank  you. You  are  too nice. People  might  take  advantage of you  like  I  did. I'm  really  sorry .It must be alwful for you "

Jungkook knew that his husband was hurt beyond words. Three years was time  long enough to get to know him.

He was a clean cut man casually elegant, always nonchalant, even when his heart was bleeding. His emotions were so well covered that when he did reveal them, it was a shock.

Jungkook wished that he had  let him abort it and then maybe  his heart would be  less burdened. He was ready  to walk out  of the  marriage on his own. What was the world and his father going  to think  of him?

"It's okay Jungkook. We are keeping it aren't we?"Namjoon flashed his rare dimpled smile.

"Just  for  you "Jungkook murmured.

When they got home Namjoon was so clearly overjoyed at the  prospect of becoming a father. Only  if  the  heavens would  allow  him.

Hyuna studied Jungkook curiously. On close scrutiny, he  appeared wary and on edge reminding Hyuna of herself of a lifetime  ago when she had discovered that she was  pregnant  by the  man she  had  grown  to detest.It was an old  ugly story.

Jungkook hated lying  to anyone especially his mother in law who  had  done so much for  him. He hated lying just so he could save his and Taehyung 's skin. The absolute truth was going to ruin so many lives including the baby 's.

Of course they all agreed  on not telling Taehyung anything. He would  only  make a scene that would  affect Jungkook 's health  and that was  the  last  thing  they  needed. Namjoon was just too kind for his own good .He was too pure for this world.

From there on Namjoon stopped  being  liniet with Taehyung. He  stopped  overlooking  the  younger 's mistakes. He gave  him  some  work  to do out  of town  so that  he wouldn't  get  a chance  to mess with Jungkook. What  he  gave  him was known  as tough  love so he  would  be responsible. Taehyung thought  that his  brother was  just getting  back  at him  for  not  liking  his  husband. Petty and  mean , he  thought .Even Hyuna could  see that  her sons relationship wasn't  still  the  same. Taehyung  had  his  own  work but Namjoon  insisted that  he do anything  that  wasn't  art.Their  family  business  was  real estate. They  had  about  ten building  complexities  in Seoul. A mall and  farms in remote  area.

It wasn't Taehyung 's cup of tea but  he  did  it anyways  only  because  he  respected his  brother. He  would  only  come back  home  after  three months  only  for  a few days.