Internship Day 1

*PETER'S POV*

"May!" I yelled as I struggled to get my suit on. "I'm heading to the tower!"

"Wait!" She bust through my unlocked door and I trampled my way to my closet, where I hid because I was still half naked.

"May! Knocking is a thing."

"Sorry," she gritted her teeth. "I just wanted to tell you breakfast is ready."

"Okay, thanks, be out there as soon as I- get- this- on-" I struggled with the suit, each word coming out as a pained grunt.

She left and I had access to my private room again. I finally got the suit on, grabbed my mask and backpack, and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast before I left.

"I made banana pancakes!" May said in a sing-song voice with a smile.

"Ahh, my favorite." I grabbed a plate and smiled back.

We had only been eating for a few minutes when our breakfast was interrupted by my phone going off. "Wait a sec," I said through a mouthful of pancakes as I dug my phone out of my backpack.

-INCOMING CALL FROM TONY STARK-

"Oh shit," I almost fell out of my chair as I stumbled away from the table, rapidly pressing the accept button before the call went away.

"Hey! Watch your language," May huffed as she cleaned the table up.

"Kid! Where are you?" Tony's voice blasted from the other end of the call.

"Um... still at home. I'm on my way now."

"You better be. I told you we have a meeting at 8:00 this morning!"

"Oh my God! I forgot. I'm sorry, sir. On my way."

I hung up quickly and opened my window.

"I've got to go right now, May! We have a meeting that I forgot about."

"Okay, sweetie, be safe please!"

I didn't have time to respond as I flung myself out of my window backwards. I swung my way to the tower as quickly as possible.

I arrived out of breath and ran to the elevators. It seemed to take years for one to finally open, but when it did I ran inside and jammed the 82nd floor button like crazy.

I sighed in relief as the elevator took me up. I also had time to change into regular clothes and adjust my hair to where it was... decent.

The elevator doors opened and Tony was standing there waiting for me. "There you are," he smacked my head at the end of his sentence. "Come on, we're about to be late."

I checked my watch: 7:58 a.m.

He was already 8 feet ahead of me and I had to jog to keep up with him.

"What's this meeting about exactly?" I asked, still out of my breath from my fast paced morning.

"You'll see."

"You don't know either, do you?"

"Nope."

I chuckled to myself as we turned left, then took another left through a glass door into a
professional-looking room with a table in the center.