Who's Harley?

(A/N *this is a completely irrelevant teenage problems rant.* before this chapter gets started, I just wanted to say that I left my high school to do online high school and I'm really excited about it because the online school has so many more courses and things I want to do but I'm also really stressed out because of like 14 different things so if you also do online school, hit me up in the comments or in my messages or something and just give me advice because I'm gonna need it. thank you.)

*PETER'S POV*

I locked in on the roof of the tower, where a giant helicarrier waited and everyone was getting ready to go. I webbed the side of the big A for Avengers and skidded to a stop beside Tony, who gave me a disapproving glance as he watched my web fall idly to the ground, still attached to the A.

"It'll dissolve in 2 hours," I assured him with a star smile and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay," Tony addressed the group of superheroes, "now that Peter's here I think the only one we're waiting is... Thor."

Everyone scoffed. "Of course," Natasha said and walked away.

We loaded everything onto the helicarrier and made small talk as we awaited the arrival of the Thunder God.

After a few more minutes, a bright blue light in the distance caught everyone's attention and it grew closer and closer, until it landed on the roof. The light slowly faded and Thor was revealed. He walked up to us with a sorrowful expression. "I do apologize," he boomed, "Loki seemed to find every way he could block me from leaving this morning." Everyone chuckled. "It's alright," Tony huffed. "We do need to get going though, so everyone on."

We loaded the carrier, one by one. I gazed out the foggy window as the hatch was shut and we climbed into the cloudy morning sky. This is my first time on a helicarrier and I'm pretty excited about it.

(I'm sorry to interrupt this but I've been watching American Horror Story all day today to catch up for season 8 and my sister just walked into the house very sneakily and I didn't hear her until she burst into my room to tell me something and I almost went into cardiac arrest.)

"Hey Peter," Natasha called me over to where she, Sam, Steve, and Bucky were sitting at a round table. I walked over there, my face flashing red.

Why do they need me?

"Sit," Sam said with a smirk and subtly nodded towards the only chair still vacant at the table.

I sat down and lowered my head for a second, then sprung it back up.

I don't need to be shy here.

I looked around and awkwardly waited for them to say something.

Natasha's dark green eyes were locked onto me. She was motionless. It felt like she was staring straight into my soul.

Steve had his arms crossed and he was leaned back in his chair. He was raising his eyebrows.

Sam still had his smirk.

Bucky wasn't paying attention at all.

"You're the new recruit," Sam finally said and leaned on the table with his arms crossed. "This is your first mission with everyone..." he searched for the right words, "united. Right?"