The Return

*HARLEY'S POV*

It was 6:00 in the morning when I jumped awake to a deafening bang. My heart dropped as I walked to the window and pulled open the blinds.

Outside, there was a gaping hole in the street below. Pieces of concrete were scattered everywhere and people were scrambling around like ants. Shrill screams were caught in the air. There was a gigantic shadow cast upon the ground. I looked up slowly, my body filling with dread. It was what I had feared: the alien ship. They were here again.

I tried to control my breathing as I called Peter. I knew he probably wouldn't answer but it was worth a try. I didn't know what else to do.

It rang and rang but nobody picked up. "Shit," I mumbled and threw my phone on my bed as I raced downstairs. There was already a crowd of other people from my apartment complex gathered in the lobby, watching in fear as the spaceship got lower and lower to the ground. There were people from outside running in, their faces stricken with panic. "What is that thing?!" I heard a woman say.

Then, yet another factor to trigger everyone's fight or flight response, sirens went off all throughout the city. Everybody started yelling and screaming at once.

All I could think was I hope Peter's okay.

*PETER'S POV*

We weren't prepared whatsoever. The aliens arrived way sooner than we expected. First, we saw the shadow. The ship hovering over the city. Next, we heard the loud noise. They were bombing us. Then, we were outside and ready to fight. My heart beat against my chest and the adrenaline of fear entered my veins, but I wasn't backing down. I had to fight. I had to protect the city.

The main thing I was worried about is that we didn't have a plan. We always have a plan when we fight and it makes me feel better knowing what everyone is supposed to be doing. But I guess this time, we'll just have to go with it.

"Okay, okay," I reassured myself and took a deep breath. Tony was right beside me in his Iron Man suit. I could tell he was thinking.

"What are we supposed to do?" I yelled over all the screams and bangs and sirens.

"I'm thinking!" He shouted back. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., what's the best way to get into that ship?" He asked his AI implemented in his suit.

I couldn't hear her response over the chaos but he nodded his head. "Follow me," he said and flew towards the ship. I webbed onto the nearest building and swung along behind him.

Below, people were watching us and cheering us along. I couldn't help but smile.

Then, bad thoughts invaded my brain. Harley's apartment is really close to here. Is he safe?

My eye caught his apartment complex, up on the left, and it felt like there was a rock in my chest. I need to make sure he's alright.

"Parker!" Tony brought my attention back to the task at hand. I caught up to him where he was flying next to the ship and webbed myself to the side. He talked to me gently. "Right here, there's a bolt holding these two pieces of together," he motioned to the two pieces of metal. "I'm going to melt it with my repulsor. When I do, it's going to come off quickly which doesn't give us much time to break in and start the fight. We have to move fast." I nodded along to everything he said. I just hoped I could actually pull it off.

"I've radioed the rest of the team and they should be here soon," he said. As if on cue, a giant helicarrier arrived with the rest of the team and they jumped onto the top of the ship. "Let's do this," Natasha said as she pulled two pistols from her holster.