Two Reasons For Being Terrified

*PETER'S POV*

I was actually terrified.

My Aunt May doesn't get mad at me a lot, usually only upset, but when she does get mad, you better be scared.

I sat straight up in my bed quickly and hit my head hard on the bottom of the top bunk. I put my hand on the sore spot rapidly growing on my head and groaned. "Ouch..."

She practically raced over to my bed and glared at me with furious eyes. "Oh, um... hi Aunt May."

"Don't you 'hi Aunt May' me!" She mocked forcefully. "You're in big trouble."

"For what?" I asked stupidly, like I had no clue what was going on.

"For sneaking out again, Peter! I can't take this anymore! I don't know what to do with you," she sat on the edge of my bed and sighed.

"Um... I'm sorry." I lowered my head. I wasn't going to try to play dumb anymore. She already knew and I don't think there was any point in trying to convince her that I hadn't.

"I'm so sick of hearing you apologize to me. You have to stop, Peter. I seriously don't know what to do," she laughed bitterly and threw her hands up. "I mean, you're just a lost cause. I take your phone away, I ground you, I give you hour long lectures but you still disobey me and go behind back. I mean I gave you your phone back because I felt bad for being so harsh to you. How can you not have one bit of compassion for me?" She sounded like she was about to cry and my heart ached. I didn't mean to make her sad.

"I'm just trying my best," she put her head in her hands. "I'm trying."

"May..." I give her a hug from behind and try to comfort her. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to make you sad."

"You just stress me out, Peter, all the time. I'm so worried about you, no matter where you are or what you're doing because I'm aware that at any moment, something could happen to you. And you sneaking out all the time and doing things without me knowing definitely doesn't make it any better. Peter, please stop. If you want to go somewhere, just tell me. If you're doing something at the tower, tell me. I just can't live with these lies anymore."

"Okay," I said. I stood up and walked in front of her so I could look her in the eyes. "I promise. I'm sorry. I understand now."

"Do you really?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"Yes. I do. I just... I guess I didn't realize why you were being overprotective but... now I do. It won't happen again."

"Okay," she stood up and wiped her eyes. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I trust you." She poked her finger into my chest. "Don't you dare break that trust ever again."

"I won't," I smiled sympathetically at her. "Thanks for being such a good aunt."

"Uh-huh," she smiled as she walked out of my room. "You're still grounded, by the way. But I'm going to go easier on you from now on, as long as you tell me where you're going."

"Thank you."

She was about to walk away when she turned back around with a confused look on her face. "Also, where were you?"

I paused. She looked accusingly at me. "You promised me no more lies."

I sighed. "I was at Harley's."

Her mouth dropped open. "I knew it! I knew he was lying."

"Don't be mad at him please. I told him to lie."

"I'm not mad," she rolled her eyes. "I lied about my boyfriend being over all the time when I was your age. Well, he did turn out to be your Uncle Ben, but..." She smiled nostalgically. "Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep. You need some too, it's almost 3:00 in the morning. Goodnight, Peter."