The Final Fight

(A/N hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals. so tomorrow I'm re-enrolling in public high school *cringes* after doing one semester of online school (because I thought my school was going to get shot up) and I'm not sure how I feel about it. why am I re-enrolling you might ask? I don't fucking know. I just don't like online school very much and it's too damn expensive. the cheapest one I could find was $230 a month and I can't even afford a car yet so I definitely can't afford to do more than one semester of that. yeah. anyway enough about my boring life choices, I hope all of you fine and valid people are doing amazing and I hope you have a fabulous day/night, wherever you are. enjoy the chapter lovelies!)

*PETER'S POV*

WHEN will this end?! I caught myself thinking as I ran towards yet another group of aliens surrounding humans being held hostage. I'm not sure where Harley went. I think he went in the other direction, towards Mr. Stark, Wanda, and Rhodey.

There's no way Mr. Stark gave him permission to fight this battle with us. He must have gotten the suit secretly. I wonder how he overrode the security system in the lab...

I was jerked out of my thoughts with a sharp, stinging pain in my right shoulder. I winced and glanced at the source of pain. My whole arm was covered in blood. "Oh no, no no no..." I applied pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding as much as possible but it burned like hell. I almost screamed.

I surveyed the street below me and saw an alien, dressed in all black, with a gun in hand. I hadn't even noticed he was there. He was smirking at me like he was a predator, and I was the prey within his grasp.

Thankfully, there wasn't a bullet in my arm. It had simply grazed my shoulder. But I was still in unbearable pain and I felt myself getting dizzy as I lost more and more blood. I thought about heading over to the building where I had left those two girls after their mother was shot to tend to my wound, but I decided against it. They had already seen too many traumatizing sights today, and I wasn't about to contribute to that.

I heard a zooming noise behind me and almost shot a web, just for good measure, but I turned around in enough time to see that it was Mr. Stark. He flew in the air right beside to where I was, crouched on a window ledge of an apartment building. "Come on, kid," he motioned for me to follow him, "let's go. You've done enough."

"No. No, I want to figh-"

"Did you just tell me no?"

"I-"

"DID. YOU. JUST. TELL. ME. NO?"

I sighed. "I'm sorry, sir."

"Come with me."

I huffed and rolled my eyes but nevertheless, I followed him through the destroyed city. Seeing these places I had grown up with and had so many amazing memories at, places I had seen a thousand times and loved, in complete ash and rubble, stirred my heart and made me want to cry. This was my city. It might be dirty and noisy and the majority of people might be rude and ignorant, but this is the place that shaped me, made me who I am. And now it was a gigantic pile of debris, with a few surviving buildings scattered here and there.

The sun was almost all the way up now, peeking over the tops of the tall buildings that were strong enough to uphold through the battle. The orange and pink sky, blotted with dust and smoke, painted a scene of calm after the storm. I wondered where Harley was. I wonder how Aunt May was. I wondered if my friends were okay, if any of them had been hurt or even died. I wondered if New York City, or the rest of the world for that matter, would ever be the same again.