Identity Reveal

*PETER'S POV*

"Ugh," I groaned and sat up with a little difficulty. My head was throbbing. I became aware of cuts and bruises all over my body and gasped and winced when I saw a gash in my arm. Bruce walked in holding some gauze, first aid tape, and rubbing alcohol. "You're up! Great," he set the stuff down on a little table beside me. I groaned again and winced as I tried to lay back down. "What happened this time?"

"Electro stabbed you in the arm," he scoffed, "and then gave you a concussion. Your head hit the concrete at least 10 times at full force."

"Oh my God," I whispered and put my head in my hands. This is the worst headache I've ever had.

"Yeah, just be glad you're still alive."

"Always am," I threw my hands up and he smiled. "Let me see your arm for a second."

"Why?"

"I have to administer to the stab wound."

"What are you doing to do?" I asked as I hesitantly stuck my arm out.

"I'm just going to pour some of this rubbing alcohol in it, then put some gauze and tape around it. It's not too bad but it's still a stab wound so we have to be careful. We can't have it getting infected."

I nodded. "This is going to hurt," he warned me as he uncapped the bottle of alcohol. "Hold still."

I put my brave face on and was as stiff as possible as he poured the alcohol onto my wound. I screamed when it came into contact with my arm. It felt like it was on fire. I flinched a bit and gritted my teeth. He rubbed it on with a piece of gauze then smiled. "Good job, Pete." He got a new, long piece of gauze and wrapped it around my arm six times. Then, he got tape and taped the edges so it wouldn't come off. "It'll heal pretty quickly because of your healing powers. It should only takes a few days, maybe a week. Just take care of it, okay?" I nodded, pain in my eyes. He gathered his things. "You're good to go now. If you need anything, call me."

I gave him the thumbs-up and he left. I laid there with my arm in my hand, concentrating on anything else to take away from the pain.

How did Electro know my name?
Who is he?
Is he someone I know?
His voice did sound kind of familiar...
I better call Harley.

I looked around the room for my phone. I found it sitting on top of my demolished Spider-Man suit in a chair in the corner. It was just then that I realized I was only in my underwear.

Who took my suit off?!

I grabbed my phone and hopped back to my hospital bed. The tiled floor was cold on my bare feet.

I chose Harley's contact and called him. It rang three times before he picked up.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I sighed, "I got stabbed and I have a concussion, though."

"Peter! That does not mean you're fine. How did he stab you? Where did he stab you? How'd you get a concussion?"

I could tell he was just going to keep asking questions so I interrupted. "He stabbed me in my forearm. It's not that deep so it's okay. Bruce fixed it up a minute ago. He gave me a concussion by slamming my head against the ground 10 times with full force. At least that's what Bruce said."

"Oh my gosh... Peter..." He sounded worried and distraught.

I'm wrecking him, aren't I?

"I'm still alive!" I said optimistically.