The Perks of Being an Intern

*PETER'S POV*

Ever since I found out Harley's gay, my heart has been thumping against my chest every time I see him walking down the hall. He winks at me sometimes, and I usually do finger guns back.

The bisexual trademark.

We've spent the past few days getting to know each other. Our rooftop escapades take place every night now. We just talk and talk until we realize that it's nighttime already.

I like talking to Harley. He makes me feel all warm inside, and my heart skips a beat every time he looks me directly in the eyes. His eyes are so beautiful. They're blue, the hue of the ocean.

He has ocean eyes.

I feel like I can tell him anything, and he'll never judge me for it. I hope he feels the same way.

He knows basically everything about me now. He knows about my parents, he knows about Uncle Ben, he knows about all my friends (and enemies) at school, he knows all about my Aunt May, he knows I'm a science geek and how I always make straight A's.

But he doesn't know one certain thing.

Not yet.

He doesn't know I'm Spider-Man.

*HARLEY'S POV*

"Felicity!" I yelled and threw a wad of paper at her as she turned her head to look at me.

"Hey!" She laughed and swatted the air in front of air. "That was not nice."

"I'm not a nice person," I shrugged.

"Oh come on," Eric came up behind me and leaned against my chair. "You're one of the nicest people I know."

"Whatever," I waved it off and took a sip of my coffee.

"It's true," Felicity said and stood to join the rest of us. Her curly red hair was tightened into a low ponytail, hanging loosely against the back of her striped white and yellow shirt. "You literally wrote an essay on bioengineering for me the other day."

"Because you were busy," I said and threw my hands up. "I wanted to help out."

"That's exactly what makes you a good person." Dimples formed on her freckled cheeks as she laughed.

I chuckled and nonchalantly checked the time on my phone.

5:37 p.m.

"Oh shit," I stood up and grabbed my brown messenger bag that I take to work every day, "I've gotta go."

"Where?" Eric asked and crossed his arms. "You got a date?"

I thought for a minute. "Kind of."

"Oooh, really?" Felicity raised her eyebrows. "She's a lucky lady."

My face burned. "Yep. D-Definitely lucky." I stuttered.

Nope. I haven't told them, if that answers your question.

I ran out of the room and jammed the elevator button for the roof. I'm already late.

I stepped into the elevator, took a sigh of relief as the doors closed, and watched the pavement on the street get smaller and smaller as I climbed upward.

When the elevator opened, I walked through the double doors leading to the rooftop and saw Peter, sitting where we usually sit together.

He heard me coming and turned. I sat down next to him, my coffee warm between my hands, and he smiled.