Electro

(A/N hey guys! sorry this took so long to write, I've been thinking about what to do with this chapter and I've got so much on my mind right now. me and my girlfriend broke up so I've been dealing with that and all kinds of school crap but hey, that's life. anyway enough about my problems, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter <3)

*PETER'S POV*

Going ice skating with Harley was the best idea ever. It was so much fun and Harley only fell 16 times! Yes, I did keep count. And I laughed every single time.

Harley had a good time too, despite having a bruised ass now.

We're on our way back to my apartment, walking down the sidewalk while holding hands. I smiled up at him and he smirked at me. "Your face is so red."

"Because it's cold," I whined and snuggled into his shoulder as we walked.

"Mhm, sure."

"It is!"

"Okay," he shrugged.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the sound I hate the most: people screaming. It was miles away but I could still hear it. Lights were blinking on and off and the ground was rumbling. Harley stared at me seriously. "What is that?"

"I don't know. Gotta go," I stripped my clothes off quickly to reveal my Spider-Man suit. I activated my web shooters and pulled my mask out of my pocket and put it on.

"The fuck- wait, did you just have that on underneath your clothes?" Harley was awestruck, looking at my discarded clothes lying on the ground.

"Yeah, always have to be prepared. I love you," I said quickly and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. I shot a web onto the nearest building and swung my way, high up in the air, to the commotion.

*THIRD PERSON POV*

Harley gazed at the clothes lying on the ground beside him, whipped his head up to watch Peter swing away, and then back down to the ground. He threw his hands up, sighed, gathered Peter's clothes, and continued walking home.

Peter was in the middle of the chaos. People were running to him as soon as they saw him, screaming jumbled words all at once. "Hey, hey, calm down, it's going to be okay." Peter tried to calm everyone down but it was all in vain. It was total panic. "What's going on?!" Peter asked a nearby woman, who was screaming and running. She had a death grip on a small boy, who was also running for dear life. "Some weird guy with lightning, he's attacking the city!" She shouted and continued running, shielding her head.

"Lightning?" Peter muttered. Then, it clicked.

Electro. Of course.

Are the rest of the Avengers on their way? Please tell me Thor is coming this time.

"Why me?" Peter mumbled and shot up into the air again, looking for the culprit. He spotted him a few feet above the ground with a malicious grin, shooting his electric bolts at people's cars. There was a group of children near him who were screaming and crying. Peter landed beside them. "Hey guys, where are your parents?" His voice was soft and gentle. He'd found that's usually the best way to talk to people in the middle of a crisis.

"I-I don't know," a girl with blonde hair and a brown dress sniffed. "I can't find them."

"Neither can we," a little boy with black hair said. He was holding the hand of his little sister, who had big eyes lit up with fear. "Okay," Peter sighed, "you know who I am, right?" They nodded and the boy spoke, "You're Spider-Man." Peter nodded back and reached for the hand of one of the little girls in the front. "Okay, good. We'll find your parents, I promise. But for right now, can you come with me?" They looked at each other and made a unanimous decision to run after him. Peter led them through the wreckage to the corner of a little shop away from the scene. "Stay right here. Don't go anywhere until I come to get you," he instructed them. They obeyed and sat down. "I'll be back in just a little bit." As soon as he turned around to leave, he noticed a red blur fly past him, who turned around and landed in front of him.

"Kid?! What are you doing here?" Mr. Stark asked.

"I was already out when I saw it begin. I decided to help, at least until you guys got here."

"Okay, well now we're here. So go home. I don't want you getting hurt again."

"Is Thor here?"

"Yes, Thor is actually here this time. We're going to win, okay? Just please, go home and stay safe."

"I will."

"Promise me you'll go home right after this."

"Okay, Mr. Stark, I promise," Peter groaned.

"Good boy." He mocked and flew off towards the danger.

He sighed and mumbled under his breath as he turned to leave. He adjusted his mask, bouncing on his feet backwards, then turned around. "You again?" Electro was a foot away from him, eyes glowing icy blue and electricity shooting from his hands. "I thought I had ended you last time. Guess not," he sighed, "but everyone deserves second chances."

"MR. STARK!" Peter screamed at the top of my lungs and Electro laughed. "You're always running to that rich asshole aren't you? Snap out of the dream, Peter. You're a child. You don't even deserve to have a spot on the Avengers."

"H-How do you know my name?" Peter asked nervously. His hands were shaking and he was trying to control them.

"That's not important," he pushed Peter backwards and he fell. He scrambled to his feet before he could hurt him and he narrowly avoided one of Electro's signature electric shocks.

Peter flung a web at him and he flew out of the way just in time. "Impressive," he clapped demeaningly. "You almost got me." He flew towards him too fast for him to have time to react and punched Peter, hard, in the jaw. "I think it's time to use something a little more effective than electricity," he smirked. Peter's heart dropped. He grabbed Peter's arm, pulled out a dagger, and sunk it into his forearm. Peter yelped in pain and fell to the ground, holding his arm. His eyes swelled with tears. The sky was blurry and faded.

Don't cry, Peter, don't cry. Now is not the time.

He jumped back up on his feet and met Electro's stare with a cold stare of his own. "I'm not playing anymore," Peter moved towards him and kicked him in the chest, did a front flip and landed on top of him. He punched him 4 times in the face before he kicked him off and slammed his head into the concrete continually.

"Peter!" He heard a female voice scream, right before he blacked out.

-
-
-

(A/N woahhh, major cliffhanger. I promise I'll have the next chapter up soon so you guys don't have to wait too long to find out what happens ;) this is the second chapter that's ended on a cliffhanger of Peter getting hurt lol, why do I do this to you guys? anyway, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! see ya soonnn.)

bye for now

•1,222 words•