Being A Superhero Can Be Electrifying

(A/N ...first of all, let me apologize for not publishing in almost a week, that's not like me at all but I have had a very busy past few days. I had like 6 flights and school on top of that so I'm sorry, hopefully it won't happen again. also a lot of this got deleted for some reason so I had to rewrite almost 700 words which sucked but it's okay because it's done now. enjoy!)

*PETER'S POV*

The minute I woke up a few hours later, after hanging up with Harley, I knew something was wrong.

Tony and Stephen weren't in the room and I heard loud voices in the hallway.

I got dressed in a rush, ran to the door, and flung it open. Everyone was standing in a huddle in the hallway. "Peter," Tony said and motioned for me to come closer. "I didn't want to wake you up."

"What's going on?" I asked. My heart was a pit in my chest.

"Apparently there's something happening with Wakanda's protective barriers. Shuri noticed it about 15 minutes ago." He paused. "Someone's trying to get in."

My heart fell. "Do you know who?"

"No. We're trying to figure that out."

"Are we going to need to get suited up?"

"Possibly." He thought for a second. "Probably. Go ahead and get your suit on."

I nodded and ran to the room. I pulled my suit out of my bag with some difficulty and changed into it in a hurry. Grabbing my mask, I ran back into the hallway. Everyone was in their rooms getting ready except Tony, who always had his nanotech ready to go, and Shuri.

I pulled her to the side and Tony eyed us.

"How bad is it?"

"Very bad." She admitted with a break in her voice. "Wakanda's barriers have never been broken before. This person has to be extremely powerful to get through them." I started feeling sick to my stomach. "Like... how powerful?"

"Powerful enough to kill us all."

I nodded, my head starting to ache. "Good to know."

Almost in sync, the Avengers wandered out of their rooms, adjusting their suits and getting ready for action. Steve was the last one out, his shield glistening with patriotic colors.

Suddenly, a watch around Shuri's wrist began blinking red and sounding an anxiety-inducing siren.

Her face looked grave. "He's breached the barriers."

Everyone fell silent, then started running all at once.

We managed to make our way outside through one of the palace's many exits. We stampeded the grass and stared at the blue sky, waiting for a sign of danger.

"Where is he?" Clint asked. Everyone else was thinking the same thing.

My Spidey sense was going crazy. I felt all of these different things at once. I put my mask on quickly.

"I'm going to go check with the others," Shuri started backing up, "I'll be right back."

"WAIT!" I screamed, but it was too late. A huge explosion went off and Shuri flew backwards. Our heads whipped upward again to analyze the sky. A man was there this time. Volts of electricity were holding him up, wrapping around his arms, legs, and hands. He had an evil smile.

I ran to Shuri. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I helped her get to her feet.

"Hey there, heroes. Want a real challenge?"

"Is that-" I started.

"Electro." Tony stepped forward.

Natasha pulled her knives from her belt. "What are you doing here?"

"A little birdy told me that the Avengers were going to be in Wakanda for a while... so I decided to pay a visit." He smiled maliciously and Natasha smirked.

"Who told you?" Tony asked with a grim expression.

"That's none of your concern. What is your concern is that I'm about to demolish this place."

"Not on our watch." Steve said and glared at him.

Electro scoffed. "Who are you, Uncle Sam?"

"I'm Captain America," Steve spat out and lifted his shield.

"Same difference," Electro pretended to yawn.

"You have to stop, dude," Bruce stepped forward, still his normal self. Hulk didn't want to come out yet. "You're destroying cities, killing people, downing the power lines all across the world-"

"Am I? Thanks for telling me." He rolled his eyes.

I glanced at Tony and he looked like he was on the verge of laughing.

A power source exploded with shots of orange flames and a static noise a few miles away and you could hear the people screaming.

"Oh, that's it." Steve ran towards him which signaled us to start running after him too.

He flew down so he could fight us. I reached the chaos as Tony and Natasha were trying to strangle him, Bruce had finally turned into Hulk and was trying to smash his head, Steve was on Tony's side trying to get Tony to stop strangling him, and Wanda and Stephen were combining their powers to stop the electricity from killing everyone.

"I don't know if there anything we can-" I began to a worrisome Shuri at my side before a huge car came flying through the air at us.

"Look out!" I shouted and dove to the ground before it hit us.

"Shit..." I rubbed my head. Before I knew it, Electro was zoning in on me. He had shocked the rest of the Avengers off of him, though they were still running at him.

"WHERE THE HELL IS THOR?!" Natasha screamed through the madness.

It was the first time I had realized that he was gone. I prayed to whoever was listening that he would show up soon.

"That bastard..." I heard Clint mutter.

BEHIND YOU! My Spidey sense screamed at me.

I turned around but not soon enough. Electro threw a weird device at me and I didn't have enough time to move before it landed right on my heart, like a magnet, and electrocuted the life out of me. My heart literally stopped beating for a few seconds.

I fell to the ground, weak and exhausted. My body was still buzzing and I could barely move. I saw him towering over me and then a sharp blow to my head.

That's all I can remember before my vision went blurry and everything got darker and darker...

-
-
-

{A/N thanks sooo much for reading lovelies and don't forget to vote, leave some comments, and follow me so you never miss an update. see you soon!}

bye for now

•1,081 words•