Harley's Heroism

(A/N happy 2020! so I started reading Call Me by Your Name a week ago and I'm already done with it. it is amazing and if you ever get the chance to read it, I highly recommend. it's a little confusing, more so than the movie, but I guess everything comes together slowly. anyway, sorry for the inactivity and for the delay on this chapter, I've been so busy lately because of the holidays but don't worry, I'm getting right back on track. enjoy the first chapter of the new decade!)

*HARLEY'S POV*

This shit is getting crazy. Will this be the end of the world? An alien apocalypse?

That's kinda stereotypical... so hopefully not.

I felt an overwhelming urge to help the Avengers in their fight. They've given me so much... a chance to get out of my small, boring town in Tennessee and work as an intern in the Big Apple, which has always been my dream. Tony has helped me through a big portion of my life, even though he wasn't physically with me for more than a week, he inspired me to go into the science field.

Peter Parker is my boyfriend. He's probably out there, right now, weaving in between the buildings and fighting off other-worldly creatures. I hope he's okay. If he gets hurt... or worse... I don't know what I'd do. I have to go help. They're going to need all the help they can get.

"Excuse me, excuse me," I muttered as I made my way through the crowd of awestruck onlookers watching the battle between Avengers and aliens play out before them. Once I got to the glass doors of my apartment complex, I readied myself. I was going to have to run to the Avengers Tower, which was only across the street, but it looked like miles to me at this moment. "Okay," I whispered and took a deep breath. "You can do this."

I opened the doors, much to the shock and dismay of the others behind me, and ran as fast as I could across the street to the tower. There were explosions going off all around me and the distant fire of gunshots and weird, buzzing noises I had never heard before. It must have been the aliens' technology.

I constantly kept my eyes moving, left to right, up and down, to be sure I wasn't going to get attacked from any direction.

I burst through the doors of the tower and bolted to the elevators, my lonely footsteps hitting the floor like a bullet. I got to the elevator and pressed the down button, the first time I'd ever done that.

I'd heard Tony talk about going to his labs on the very bottom floor and all the stuff he had created in there, but surprisingly, I had never actually gone down there with him. Now's my chance, I guess.

I repeatedly pressed it, with a certain urgency, until the metallic doors finally slid open to reveal an empty elevator with warm light. The doors were already closing before the thought hit me that maybe I shouldn't use the elevator during an alien apocalypse, just in case something happens. I might get stuck in here. Oh well, I shrugged. Too late now.

Even though it probably took me about 45 seconds, it seemed to take ten minutes to reach the ground floor. I raced out of the elevator before the doors had even opened all the way and scanned the hallway for a sign of where Tony's lab could be. I could see a faint blue light coming from my left, from a door all the way down the hallway.

Once I was at the door, I didn't really know what to do. Was something going to happen if I didn't enter a passcode or something before I turned the handle? Was there going to be some sort of traps? I knew what Tony was capable of.