Cities of the Cemeteries

(A/N everything involving Spider-Man and the Sony vs. Disney dispute has put me in such a bad mood recently and when Tom really walked off the stage at the D23 Expo and said "I love you all 3000." I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LOST IT. And then he unfollowed Sony on Instagram and I was laughing so hard. Ugh, I'm gonna miss him in the MCU so much. it's going to be so different and I don't know how to handle it.)

*PETER'S POV*

So.

Harley finally knows that I'm Spider-Man.

It's taken me a long time to tell him but I did it. And I'm proud of myself.

He took it pretty well, I think.

I've come so close to telling him so many different times, accidentally and on purpose. I just had to be sure I could trust him.

It's Saturday morning. I woke up groggily on the bottom bunk of my bunk bed and rubbed my eyes. I smiled thinking about last night.

I snuggled into him far into the early hours of the morning, almost falling asleep multiple times. At around 2:00 a.m., we decided to go home. I was hoping Aunt May wouldn't hear me as I came in because I would be in big trouble. I was out 3 hours past my curfew. I don't think she did, though because all the lights were out and I was as quiet as I could be.

I yawned and got out of bed, stretching in the middle of my floor with my blue pajama pants on.

I turned the knob and my door creaked open slowly, my head whipping left and right and straight ahead to see if Aunt May was up or not. I checked my phone.

9:44 a.m.

She should be up by now. She usually gets up early.

"May?" I yelled and ran my fingers through my tangled hair.

"Oh, hey," Aunt May walked out of her room, fully dressed. She looked like she'd been up for a while. "I didn't know when you'd wake up."

"Oh," I laughed. "I was tired."

"I bet. Considering you stayed out last night until past two in the morning. 3 hours past your regular curfew, and remember? You're grounded."

My heart dropped to my knees. I completely forgot that I'm grounded. It's already bad enough that I stayed out late, but that added on top of it? Oh God.

I stared at her, completely silent. She raised her eyebrows and awaited my response.

"So?" She dug for an explanation.

"May, I'm really sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it." She scoffed.

"I didn't mean to, okay? I forgot that I was grounded, I really did."

"Even if that's true, you still stayed out late past your usual curfew, Peter. And 11:00 is a lenient curfew for most kids your age. You should be glad I even give you that." She walked past me to the kitchen and leaned against the counter.

"But forgetfulness doesn't excuse you not following my rules when it comes to grounding you either. I told you that you can only go to work and come home for a week. No staying out late, no being Spider-Man. I didn't think it was too harsh but you couldn't even handle that for a full day."