The Coming Out Chronicles of Peter Parker

*PETER'S POV*

My eyes fluttered awake. It took me a few seconds to adjust to the blinding fluorescent light hanging above my head. Speaking of my head...

I sat up slowly and rubbed my face. I had the worst headache I've ever experienced. It felt like someone was stabbing me all around my brain while someone else was drilling a hole through it.

"HE'S UP!" I heard someone scream from the hallway. A crowd came rushing through the doors. It was just then that I realized where I was - a hospital.

"Oh my God," Tony sighed in relief and put his head in his hands. "You're okay."

"I'm fine," I mumbled. "What happened to me?"

"Electro knocked your fucking brains out," Clint said casually and Natasha glared at him. "What?" He shrugged, "it's true."

"He tried to electrocute you using... what was it Shuri?" Stephen called to Shuri, who was standing in the corner of the room.

She stepped forward. "It's called an electric shock transmitter disk. We analyzed it in the lab while you were still unconscious."

"What did it do to me?"

"It sent 100 mega-amps of electricity through your body." She lowered her voice, "If you were a normal person... you'd be dead."

A hushed whisper invaded the room. She continued, "People have died after being shocked with currents as low as 42 mega-amps. You're lucky to be alive."

I lowered my head and took a deep breath. My body survived ONE HUNDRED mega-amps of electricity. Maybe that's why I'm so tired...

"Well what happened after that? I remember getting shocked but he knocked me out too."

"Oh... he hit you in the head with a slab of concrete." Stephen said nonchalantly and Tony grimaced.

Well fuck...

"Sounds like you've been through a lot today," Tony patted me on the shoulder.

"How did the fight go?" I asked quickly. "How long was I out for?"

"It didn't end too long after you went out," Wanda said. "He ended up just... leaving. He gave up I guess."

That's weird... why would he just leave?

"You guys don't think that's weird?"

"No, we do," Tony said. "That's why T'Challa is with the guards right now setting up extra protection."

I nodded. "My head hurts."

"I'll bet it does," Steve said and leaned down to take a look at it. He touched a tender piece of skin and I winced. When he took his hand away, his fingers were dripping with blood.

"Oh my God." I almost threw up. "My head's bleeding?"

"Yeah... can't you feel it?" He wiped his hand on his suit.

"No. It's numb."

"You're going to fucking traumatize him, Steve," Tony huffed and looked at me pitifully. "Don't pay attention to him."

Steve glared at Tony.

"Where's my phone?" I blurted out suddenly.

"I don't know, Peter, did you leave it in the room?" Tony asked with a tone of annoyance.

"I don't know, um..." I tried to think.

"Why are you even worried about your phone? You almost died," Sam said with a scoff.