Chapter 4

The next day, Kiara was sitting at her desk inside her dorm leaning over a book. Cram school had taken a day off and she decided that she could at least get some of her homework done. She might not be scared of her grades going down, but that didn't mean she would actually allow herself to fail and prevent herself from becoming an exorcist.

She was currently flipping through the basics of herbs and their effects. She had been skimming the book for about half an hour before she let her boredom win and she gave up on trying to actually read through the book. She could always do it later. She was tired of reading what herbs did, she wasn't sure what meister she was going to go into when she became an exwire but she sure as hell wasn't going to be a doctor and mess around with plants. Doctors rarely saw any action with demons.

"Speaking of plants." Kiara muttered, spotting the list that was laying on the small bookshelf in her room. "I might as well take a break and grab those supplies." She muttered. Standing up, she stretched out her back cracking slightly and wrapped her tail around her waste and hiding it under her shirt. She grabbed her key to the school— it would be a shorter walk to the shop from there. With how much she went to the shop for him, she had no clue why he didn't just give her a key, maybe he just liked making her suffer.

An hour later Kiara opened the door to the bridge, her legs aching and drenched in sweat. Whoever decided that the only way to get to the shop without a key was to climb an ungodly amount of stairs in a tower needed to have a small chat with her. She might be mostly a demon and rather fit, but climbing that many stairs would make Satan himself tired. She was just glad she had keys back to her school and her dorm, so the way back would be much, much shorter. Walking across the bridge, Kiara entered the shop met with the ringing of a tiny bell above her head.

"Ah, Kiara! What a pleasure to see you again!" The brown haired woman behind the counter greeted, a warm smile on her face.

Kiara nodded in greeting with a small smile on her face, "Miss Moriyama, it's nice to see you too." She had visited this shop before, ever since she had turned 12, Mephisto had taken her there whenever he needed to pick something up— of course whenever she got back to the orphanage it wasn't a pleasant time. Though, him bringing her with him allowed her to know the people in the small shop. "I'm here to collect that clown's supplies." She handed the paper to the woman, and she looked over it.

"I've got it in the back. I won't be too long." She said and headed to the back. Kiara heard some shuffling before Miss Moriyama walked out fro the back, a small package in her arms. "There we go, that should be everything."

"Thank you. Oh, how's Shiemi doing?" Kiara had met the girl when she was first brought over, and since they were the same age and with the amount of times Kiara had visited, the two of them had grown close— not close enough to be friends, but for Kiara it was the closest she had ever been to another human other than Mephisto— though he couldn't really be considered human. You could say that she sort of had a soft spot for the girl.

"Her legs seem to be getting worse by the day." Miss Moriyama said with concern as she placed a hand on her cheek and looked out towards the back garden. "She spends nearly all her time in the garden now a days, you can head back there and say hi, though."

"I would, but I need to get these supplies to Mephisto, he's probably waiting on them. Though tell her I said hi, and the next time I come over I'll definitely go down and chat a bit with her." She took the package that Miss Moriyama had been holding and turned towards the door, opening it to see two familiar faces.

"Don't go anywhere and don't touch anything." Yukio was saying, looking at Rin with a stern expression.

"Yeah, I got it." Rin said.

Kiara watched as Yukio turned back around, his eyes meeting hers as he started to climb the stairs. He paused in his steps as his expression turned to surprise.

"What are you doing here? Pages aren't allowed in the supplies shop." He said, recovering from his brief shock of seeing her and now going into 'lecturing teacher mode'.

Kiara rolled her eyes, "Save the speech, mole-face." She said.

"No fair, how come she was able to go inside the shop but I can't?" Rin complained.

"That's what I would like to know."

"I was just picking some supplies up for a certain lazy-ass clown who apparently couldn't be bothered to get them himself." She walked down the stairs, pausing as she was beside Yukio, "You're too uptight, you need to relax a bit, teach. Maybe you'd be able to get some friends." As she was walking away, she heard Rin burst out into laughter and Yukio snapping at him to be quiet. She glanced behind her to see that Yukio was looking at her with skepticism, and a little bit of embarrassment.

"Great, now he doesn't trust me. Well whatever, it' not like I'm scared of what he could do." She muttered.

Once she reached the door, she placed the key to the school inside the lock and opened the door, walking through and being greeted with large golden hallways. As quickly as she could, she walked through the building and got to Mephisto's office. She didn't even bother knocking on the door and just barged right in. "Hey, clown."

Mephisto looked up from some papers on his desk. "Ah, a distraction, thank goodness." He exclaimed, standing up from his desk and walking over to Kiara, grabbing the package from her hands. "This is everything right?"

"Of course it's everything. Miss Moriyama doesn't forget things when fulfilling orders. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm heading back to my dorm. If you need me, I don't care. If you bother me for the rest of the day I'll actually burn your manga collection— including the limited editions. I know where you moved them." She walked towards the door and opened them, "And you don't want to test me about that." She added before leaving the room and heading back to her dorm to finish up the assigned reading and to binge watch a few Netflix shows.