Chapter 22

It was about half an hour after Izumo and Kiara had gotten back when more people emerged from the forest, and Kiara looked over towards them, making eye contact with Bon.

"Ah, thank god! We finally made it back alive!" Shima proclaimed.

"Congrats guys. You all made it back in one piece." Shura said.

"Welcome back Bonny!" Kiara called, waving at Bon with a grin on her face.

"What the hell! How'd you guys complete the mission on your own?"

"On our own? Well Polka dot and I worked together to get one of the lanterns back— Takara I guess was the only one who worked alone. Though he was the one to get her first."

"It took 'em this long with all that help? Wow what a bunch of losers!" Takara's puppet said.

Why haven't I burned that puppet yet? Kiara thought.

"What is Takara anyway?" Konekomaru asked.

"I think we all wonder the same thing." Kiara said.

Shura looked around at the group, her eyebrows furrowing. "Hang on, is this it? Everyone's back? So none of you gave up? Then who set off that bottle rocket?"

Kiara suddenly tensed up, a strong wave of energy hitting her. Looking up towards the sky, she watched as a familiar man fell towards he ground, a ghoul leashed by his side. She stood up quickly, her hand wrapping around her necklace as she summoned her sword. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Shura pulling one of her own swords out of the seal on her chest.

"Don't just stand there!" Shura shouted.

"Go get them Behemoth!" The man, Amaymon shouted, unleashing the goblin.

"Took him long enough." Shura muttered, placing her fingers in her mouth and whistling, the campfire suddenly turning into a flaming snake. Almost immediately, fire spread throughout the clearing and in a sudden flash, Amaymon and his pet were sent flying.

"An absolute barrier?" Bon asked.

"Yep. Everything inside the magic circle is safe and everything outside is repelled. You guys should be safe here for a little while."

"That's all great but what's the deal with that guy?" Izumo asked.

"Yeah, miss Shura, is he supposed to be part of our training?" Konekomaru said.

"And don't you think he's a little to tough for us to handle?"

Kiara looked towards Shura, knowing all too well that Amaymon was most likely an unplanned addition to their night— unless they somehow planned this drill to lure him out into the open.

"Traning's over for today. We need to get ready for Amaymon's next attack."

"Amaymon?" Everyone, except Kiara, repeated.

"Yes, Amaymon. One of the eight kings of hell. That Amaymon." Kiara said before anyone could say something. She watched as Shura walked to a cooler and picked up a jug of what Kiara assumed was Holy water.